Pubs support drinks app to unite friends
- Credit: Archant
Shoreditch pubs are part of a new initiative that embraces the idea of being there “in spirit” with a new app which lets users buy friends drinks in their absence.
With One from Me, friends need never miss an event by sending each other birthday or celebratory drinks via a mobile with the tap of a finger.
Rosemary Branch, in Shepperton Road, The Reliance, in Old Street, and The Barley Mow, in Curtain Road, have all registered on the app.
Modernising the phrase “the next one is on me”, each drink costs £5 and can be sent with a personalised message as well as a photo or video. Among its features, the app has a map showing the nearest participating venue.
Peter Masters at One from Me, said: “We really wanted to find a way to help people stay connected even when life, or distance, gets in the way, especially living in a big city such as London. We don’t want anyone to miss those important moments with friends and family. Stay connected and share the love – send a drink.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit 1frm.me/onefromme to download.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow