Put some conscience in your closet: The Clothes Club swapping community launches to raise money for Hackney Pirates
- Credit: Archant
A clothes swapping community is holding its inaugural event next Thursday, to raise money for local social enterprises.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to The Clothes Club, to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
All profits from the first event will support Hackney Pirates, which helps children with one to one attention after school hours.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at Hackney Pirates’ base in Downham Road and starts at 7.30pm.
There will be a DJ until 10.30pm and a raffle with donated brands including Mawi, Tokyo bike, Move Your Frame and Orwell & Austen.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
Early bird tickets cost £8 or £10 on the door, for more information see www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/8065/chk/8cc5.