Put some conscience in your closet: The Clothes Club swapping community launches to raise money for Hackney Pirates
- Credit: Archant
A clothes swapping community is holding its inaugural event next Thursday, to raise money for local social enterprises.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to The Clothes Club, to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
All profits from the first event will support Hackney Pirates, which helps children with one to one attention after school hours.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place at Hackney Pirates’ base in Downham Road and starts at 7.30pm.
There will be a DJ until 10.30pm and a raffle with donated brands including Mawi, Tokyo bike, Move Your Frame and Orwell & Austen.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Early bird tickets cost £8 or £10 on the door, for more information see www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/8065/chk/8cc5.