Put some conscience in your closet: The Clothes Club swapping community launches to raise money for Hackney Pirates
- Credit: Archant
A clothes swapping community is holding its inaugural event next Thursday, to raise money for local social enterprises.
People are invited to bring three items of their unwanted quality clothing to The Clothes Club, to swap them for other people’s unwanted garments.
Emily De Groot is behind the initiative said: “It’s a great way to inject some new life into your wardrobe, without spending lots of money, whilst reducing the environmental effects of the fashion industry and raising money for good causes.
“Lets help put some conscience into our closets.”
All profits from the first event will support Hackney Pirates, which helps children with one to one attention after school hours.
The event takes place at Hackney Pirates’ base in Downham Road and starts at 7.30pm.
There will be a DJ until 10.30pm and a raffle with donated brands including Mawi, Tokyo bike, Move Your Frame and Orwell & Austen.
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 9 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Early bird tickets cost £8 or £10 on the door, for more information see www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/8065/chk/8cc5.