Rat infested Stoke Newington takeaway shut down
Chicken shop closed down.
A FAST food restaurant in Stoke Newington has been closed due to a serious rat infestation.
Dixy Fried Chicken in Stoke Newington High Street has been shut down by Hackney Council after inspectors found food packaging contaminated by rats.
The shop was also found to be in a poor state of cleanliness when officers from the council’s environmental health team conducted a routine inspection.
After discovering the shocking evidence the officers immediately closed it by serving a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice which was granted on Friday October 15 at Bow County Court.
You may also want to watch:
Aamer Nawaz, the owner, must now undertake a workload set out by the council before the shop can re-open.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, member for neighbourhoods, said: “The Council is committed to ensuring that the health of Hackney’s residents is not compromised by unhygienic food and drink establishments.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
“The Environmental Health team regularly conducts visits to ensure standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met, and we will continue to take action against any food business operators that do not take their responsibilities seriously.”