Rat infested Stoke Newington takeaway shut down
Chicken shop closed down.
A FAST food restaurant in Stoke Newington has been closed due to a serious rat infestation.
Dixy Fried Chicken in Stoke Newington High Street has been shut down by Hackney Council after inspectors found food packaging contaminated by rats.
The shop was also found to be in a poor state of cleanliness when officers from the council’s environmental health team conducted a routine inspection.
After discovering the shocking evidence the officers immediately closed it by serving a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice which was granted on Friday October 15 at Bow County Court.
You may also want to watch:
Aamer Nawaz, the owner, must now undertake a workload set out by the council before the shop can re-open.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, member for neighbourhoods, said: “The Council is committed to ensuring that the health of Hackney’s residents is not compromised by unhygienic food and drink establishments.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“The Environmental Health team regularly conducts visits to ensure standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met, and we will continue to take action against any food business operators that do not take their responsibilities seriously.”