Rat infested Stoke Newington takeaway shut down
Chicken shop closed down.
A FAST food restaurant in Stoke Newington has been closed due to a serious rat infestation.
Dixy Fried Chicken in Stoke Newington High Street has been shut down by Hackney Council after inspectors found food packaging contaminated by rats.
The shop was also found to be in a poor state of cleanliness when officers from the council’s environmental health team conducted a routine inspection.
After discovering the shocking evidence the officers immediately closed it by serving a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice which was granted on Friday October 15 at Bow County Court.
You may also want to watch:
Aamer Nawaz, the owner, must now undertake a workload set out by the council before the shop can re-open.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, member for neighbourhoods, said: “The Council is committed to ensuring that the health of Hackney’s residents is not compromised by unhygienic food and drink establishments.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 9 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
“The Environmental Health team regularly conducts visits to ensure standards of cleanliness and hygiene are met, and we will continue to take action against any food business operators that do not take their responsibilities seriously.”