Renewed bid to solve eight-year-old murder
DETECTIVES have launched a new appeal for information about the unsolved execution-style murder in Upper Clapton. Meneliek Robinson, 20, was shot three times after he was ambushed by motorcyclists eight years ago. Witnesses who may have helped snare the
DETECTIVES have launched a new appeal for information about the unsolved execution-style murder in Upper Clapton.
Meneliek Robinson, 20, was shot three times after he was ambushed by motorcyclists eight years ago.
Witnesses who may have helped snare the killers were too scared to come forward at the time, but detectives are hoping the length of time that has elapsed since the murder may change their minds.
Mr Robinson was driving his red BMW along Upper Clapton Road on June 25, 2000, when he was surrounded by two motorcycles - both with pillion passengers.
A gunman jumped off one bike, walked over to the car and blasted the passenger window twice.
As Meneliek tried to crawl away, the killer walked up to him and calmly shot him again.
- 1 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 4 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 5 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 6 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
- 7 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 8 Would you feed your dog a plant-based diet?
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
The killers jumped on their motorcycles and sped away in the direction of Stamford Hill.
Cops at the time were looking into the possibility the brutal execution might have been a revenge attack.
BUY THIS WEEK'S HACKNEY GAZETTE FOR FULL STORY