Revamp a community space in Hackney thanks to 10,000 free litres of paint give-away
Community spaces in Hackney in need of a revamp can benefit from a free give-away of 10,000 litres of reclaimed paint.
The ‘Free Paint 4 Hackney’ project run by Forest Recycling Project’s The Paint Place is also inviting people on low incomes to apply to redecorate their homes using the paint, which is reclaimed as surplus from companies and recycling initiatives.
The project which aims to help those who are experiencing socio-economic disadvantage is supported by Comic Relief and the London Community Foundation.
Individuals, organisations or community groups – no matter how big or small – may be eligible for free paint if they are located in Hackney, seeking to brighten up a community room or space, and delivering creative projects and activities requiring paint.
Anyone interested should email email@example.com or call 020 8539 9076.
You may also want to watch:
FRP is a social enterprise and charity with environmental and social aims based in Walthamstow, and sells at £1 a litre, as a sustainable, low-cost alternative to buying new paint.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse