Revamp a community space in Hackney thanks to 10,000 free litres of paint give-away
Community spaces in Hackney in need of a revamp can benefit from a free give-away of 10,000 litres of reclaimed paint.
The ‘Free Paint 4 Hackney’ project run by Forest Recycling Project’s The Paint Place is also inviting people on low incomes to apply to redecorate their homes using the paint, which is reclaimed as surplus from companies and recycling initiatives.
The project which aims to help those who are experiencing socio-economic disadvantage is supported by Comic Relief and the London Community Foundation.
Individuals, organisations or community groups – no matter how big or small – may be eligible for free paint if they are located in Hackney, seeking to brighten up a community room or space, and delivering creative projects and activities requiring paint.
Anyone interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8539 9076.
You may also want to watch:
FRP is a social enterprise and charity with environmental and social aims based in Walthamstow, and sells at £1 a litre, as a sustainable, low-cost alternative to buying new paint.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop