Rihanna thanks her “crazy” fans as she closes the Hackney Weekend festival
Rihanna thanked her “crazy” fans at the BBC Hackney Weekend for making it “such a memorable show” yesterday.
The US singer brought the two-day festival on Hackney Marshes to a close with fireworks and a special appearance from her musical mentor Jay-Z.
The rapper joined her for three songs, including Umbrella, after Rihanna sung during his headline set on Saturday.
The 24-year-old’s first song of the night was Only Girl In The World and she closed the concert with smash-hit single We Found Love on a stage backed by a giant sphinx.
Rihanna said: “Hackney, you guys are crazier than they told me.”
You may also want to watch:
She got up close with the audience during her performance, even asking one fan to help re-attach her battery pack to her bra.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"