Rihanna thanks her “crazy” fans as she closes the Hackney Weekend festival
Rihanna thanked her “crazy” fans at the BBC Hackney Weekend for making it “such a memorable show” yesterday.
The US singer brought the two-day festival on Hackney Marshes to a close with fireworks and a special appearance from her musical mentor Jay-Z.
The rapper joined her for three songs, including Umbrella, after Rihanna sung during his headline set on Saturday.
The 24-year-old’s first song of the night was Only Girl In The World and she closed the concert with smash-hit single We Found Love on a stage backed by a giant sphinx.
Rihanna said: “Hackney, you guys are crazier than they told me.”
You may also want to watch:
She got up close with the audience during her performance, even asking one fan to help re-attach her battery pack to her bra.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images