River Cafe chef Joseph Trivelli to rustle up Headway charity meal in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
River Café’s head chef Joseph Trivelli will host a one-night only pop-up restaurant in Haggerston to raise money for people afflicted by brain injuries through Headway East London.
The Michelin-starred chef will be conjuring up three courses in a makeshift kitchen under the railway arches behind Kingsland Road, and proceeds from the £30 meal will go to Headway East London.
Mr Trivelli has volunteered with the charity since last July, when he signed up to cook stone-baked pizza for the charity’s 15th birthday party.
Impressed by the charity, he suggested training up three eager Headway members, who will assist serving up food for 30 covers at the event on April 11.
A Headway spokesman said: “As well as being a fabulous, food driven evening, the event signifies a really important part of our member’s rehabilitation.
You may also want to watch:
“The final menu will be determined according to ingredients available on the day but dishes inspired by Joseph’s Italian roots will be made with locally sourced, seasonal produce.”
A vast proportion of brain injury survivors cite finding employment as their top priority, however figures show 60 per cent become long-term unemployed because of their disabilities and the lack of support and understanding in the employment market.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
To book a ticket phone 020 7749 7790 or see http://www.wegottickets.com/event/214478.