Route 488 bus extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend
A popular Hackney bus route will be extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend.
The single deck 488 bus will take in parts of Kenninghall Road, Rendlesham Road, Downs Road and Shacklewell Lane as of Saturday (June 4), providing a new link to the Petchey Academy and BSix Sixth Form College.
It currently runs between Bromley-by-Bow and Clapton Pond via Bow Church, Old Ford and Homerton Hospital.
The extension will see the route terminate at Dalston Junction Overground Station.
Buses will run every 12 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, every 15 minutes on Sundays and every 20 minutes in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
John Barry, head of network development for London Buses, said: “The extension of route 488 will provide passengers with improved local links. This route connects with DLR, Tube, London Overground and other bus services.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12