Route 488 bus extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend
A popular Hackney bus route will be extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend.
The single deck 488 bus will take in parts of Kenninghall Road, Rendlesham Road, Downs Road and Shacklewell Lane as of Saturday (June 4), providing a new link to the Petchey Academy and BSix Sixth Form College.
It currently runs between Bromley-by-Bow and Clapton Pond via Bow Church, Old Ford and Homerton Hospital.
The extension will see the route terminate at Dalston Junction Overground Station.
Buses will run every 12 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, every 15 minutes on Sundays and every 20 minutes in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
John Barry, head of network development for London Buses, said: “The extension of route 488 will provide passengers with improved local links. This route connects with DLR, Tube, London Overground and other bus services.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images