Route 488 bus extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend
A popular Hackney bus route will be extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend.
The single deck 488 bus will take in parts of Kenninghall Road, Rendlesham Road, Downs Road and Shacklewell Lane as of Saturday (June 4), providing a new link to the Petchey Academy and BSix Sixth Form College.
It currently runs between Bromley-by-Bow and Clapton Pond via Bow Church, Old Ford and Homerton Hospital.
The extension will see the route terminate at Dalston Junction Overground Station.
Buses will run every 12 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, every 15 minutes on Sundays and every 20 minutes in the evening.
John Barry, head of network development for London Buses, said: “The extension of route 488 will provide passengers with improved local links. This route connects with DLR, Tube, London Overground and other bus services.”
- 1 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 4 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 5 Call to end Islamophobia in Islington at first awareness event
- 6 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 7 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 8 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 9 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 10 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston