Route 488 bus extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend
A popular Hackney bus route will be extended from Clapton to Dalston this weekend.
The single deck 488 bus will take in parts of Kenninghall Road, Rendlesham Road, Downs Road and Shacklewell Lane as of Saturday (June 4), providing a new link to the Petchey Academy and BSix Sixth Form College.
It currently runs between Bromley-by-Bow and Clapton Pond via Bow Church, Old Ford and Homerton Hospital.
The extension will see the route terminate at Dalston Junction Overground Station.
Buses will run every 12 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, every 15 minutes on Sundays and every 20 minutes in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
John Barry, head of network development for London Buses, said: “The extension of route 488 will provide passengers with improved local links. This route connects with DLR, Tube, London Overground and other bus services.”
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work