Royal wedding day: Tell us what you’re planning in Hackney
As the big day draws ever closer the Gazette is looking for readers to help make the Royal Wedding a memorable occasion for Hackney.
Across the borough people will be having parties and celebrations to mark the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on Friday April 29.
We will have reporters and photographers out and about documenting the goings on but we want our readers to help out.
Whether you are having a traditional street party with bunting, jam rolls and a sing-song or something more adventurous, like a fancy dress disco, we want to know about it.
Perhaps you are conducting your own ‘wedding ceremony’
All through the day we want to get your photos, good luck messages, stories and 30 second video clips which we will then share with the capital on our sister website London24.
We also want digital recordings so if you have made a song to mark the occasion send that to us as well.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Dalston shop fire under investigation
- 3 New entrance opens at Hackney Central Overground station
- 4 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 5 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 6 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 7 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 8 Fundraiser for Cambridge Uni course to tell Hackney people's stories
- 9 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 10 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
Only six street parties have been organised in Hackney but there are sure to many more celebrations.
One person who got into the spirit early was 93-year-old Teresa King who celebrated early with a cake and songs.
Mrs King was one of a number of residents at Anchor’s Monarch Court Care Home in Cadogan Terrace, South Hackney, to have fun on Monday April 11.
“I shared many happy years of marriage with Joseph King,” she said.
“Our most romantic day was our wedding day and after that every day was special.”
Mrs King, who has been a resident since 2009, also gave the couple a little tip in preparation for lifetime spent together.
She said: “I know Prince William and Kate will be busy doing lots of public engagements but they must find time for each other. I’m so happy for them.”
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call the newsroom on 020 8478 4444.