Royal wedding party: Leonard Street, Hackney
Well-wishers of all ages turned out in their hundreds to celebrate William and Kate’s wedding in a right royal East End fashion this morning.
Leonard Street in Hoxton was transformed with bunting, flags and a big screen as party goers watched on, cheering the royal couple and cooing at the future Princess’ dress.
Pearly Kings and Queens from across north London attracted plenty of attention.
In the crowd were Debra Hackett, 32, Adrian Curran, 29, and Scarlett Le Hoste, 6.
“We’re just down for the party and to help celebrate,” said Debra.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something for the kids really.”
Marcus Anderson, 25, who was modelling his own wedding dress, said: “We adore Will and Kate and we’re just here for a day out.”
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 8 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'