Royal wedding party: Leonard Street, Hackney
Well-wishers of all ages turned out in their hundreds to celebrate William and Kate’s wedding in a right royal East End fashion this morning.
Leonard Street in Hoxton was transformed with bunting, flags and a big screen as party goers watched on, cheering the royal couple and cooing at the future Princess’ dress.
Pearly Kings and Queens from across north London attracted plenty of attention.
In the crowd were Debra Hackett, 32, Adrian Curran, 29, and Scarlett Le Hoste, 6.
“We’re just down for the party and to help celebrate,” said Debra.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something for the kids really.”
Marcus Anderson, 25, who was modelling his own wedding dress, said: “We adore Will and Kate and we’re just here for a day out.”
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images