Royal wedding party: Leonard Street, Hackney
Well-wishers of all ages turned out in their hundreds to celebrate William and Kate’s wedding in a right royal East End fashion this morning.
Leonard Street in Hoxton was transformed with bunting, flags and a big screen as party goers watched on, cheering the royal couple and cooing at the future Princess’ dress.
Pearly Kings and Queens from across north London attracted plenty of attention.
In the crowd were Debra Hackett, 32, Adrian Curran, 29, and Scarlett Le Hoste, 6.
“We’re just down for the party and to help celebrate,” said Debra.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something for the kids really.”
Marcus Anderson, 25, who was modelling his own wedding dress, said: “We adore Will and Kate and we’re just here for a day out.”
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?