Royal wedding party: Leonard Street, Hackney
Well-wishers of all ages turned out in their hundreds to celebrate William and Kate’s wedding in a right royal East End fashion this morning.
Leonard Street in Hoxton was transformed with bunting, flags and a big screen as party goers watched on, cheering the royal couple and cooing at the future Princess’ dress.
Pearly Kings and Queens from across north London attracted plenty of attention.
In the crowd were Debra Hackett, 32, Adrian Curran, 29, and Scarlett Le Hoste, 6.
“We’re just down for the party and to help celebrate,” said Debra.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something for the kids really.”
Marcus Anderson, 25, who was modelling his own wedding dress, said: “We adore Will and Kate and we’re just here for a day out.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12