Royalists and republicans alike celebrate Wills and Kate’s wedding in Hoxton
The street was packed outside the George and Vulture pub in Haberdasher Street, Hoxton.
John and Joyce Turnham were there with their great-grandson Harry Johnson, 8.
“It was really beautiful,” said John.
“Oh, yes I’m a Royalist, it’s just something you’re brought up with,” added Joyce.
“She looked lovely, they look well together, I think they will last.”
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Bhima, entered into the party spirit, wearing a fake veil made of bubblewrap.
“I’m no Royalist but it was fun to be with lots of people and I’m amazed by how people cheered for the Queen, that’s really weird.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
“A lot of people here are really quite young so they probably don’t remember the whole Diana thing as those of us in their 30s.
“They are taking it more seriously, we are just here for a laugh and a party.”