Royalists and republicans alike celebrate Wills and Kate’s wedding in Hoxton
The street was packed outside the George and Vulture pub in Haberdasher Street, Hoxton.
John and Joyce Turnham were there with their great-grandson Harry Johnson, 8.
“It was really beautiful,” said John.
“Oh, yes I’m a Royalist, it’s just something you’re brought up with,” added Joyce.
“She looked lovely, they look well together, I think they will last.”
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Bhima, entered into the party spirit, wearing a fake veil made of bubblewrap.
“I’m no Royalist but it was fun to be with lots of people and I’m amazed by how people cheered for the Queen, that’s really weird.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
“A lot of people here are really quite young so they probably don’t remember the whole Diana thing as those of us in their 30s.
“They are taking it more seriously, we are just here for a laugh and a party.”