Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross to be reunited on Hackney Empire stage
KINGS of controversy Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are set to appear together for the first time since the ‘Sachsgate’ scandal on stage at the Hackney Empire.
Brand will be joined by his former fellow BBC Radio 2 host Ross for an evening of stand up comedy to launch the sequel to his best-selling book ‘My Booky Wook’.
They have not appeared together since they came under fire in 2008 over a series of lewd answerphone messages they left on actor Andrew Sachs’ telephone during a radio show.
Lucky ticket holders will be the only people able to see next week’s one-off show as it is not set to be broadcast.
Brand will be interviewing Ross and audience members will then take part in a live questions and answers session.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time they’ve done anything together since Sachsgate,” said an Empire spokesman
“It was a mixture of arms twisting - them coming to us and us going to them.”
- 1 Man's face lacerated in Lower Clapton stabbing
- 2 Hackney 'rising star' nominated for BAFTA
- 3 Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- 4 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 5 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 6 Hackney runner marking eight years since losing his dad to Prostate Cancer with charity run
- 7 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 8 Speaker sets up walk to support Hackney Foodbank after demand surges
- 9 'So many characters': Lockdown portraits on display
- 10 24-hour DJ set raises thousands for mental health charity
The pair will appear at Russell Brand Booky Wook 2 Tour at 8pm on September 30 at the Hackney Empire in Mare Street. Tickets cost �30 and �35 plus booking fee and are available online at www.hackneyempire.co.uk or by calling the box office on 020 8985 2424