Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross to be reunited on Hackney Empire stage
KINGS of controversy Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are set to appear together for the first time since the ‘Sachsgate’ scandal on stage at the Hackney Empire.
Brand will be joined by his former fellow BBC Radio 2 host Ross for an evening of stand up comedy to launch the sequel to his best-selling book ‘My Booky Wook’.
They have not appeared together since they came under fire in 2008 over a series of lewd answerphone messages they left on actor Andrew Sachs’ telephone during a radio show.
Lucky ticket holders will be the only people able to see next week’s one-off show as it is not set to be broadcast.
Brand will be interviewing Ross and audience members will then take part in a live questions and answers session.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the first time they’ve done anything together since Sachsgate,” said an Empire spokesman
“It was a mixture of arms twisting - them coming to us and us going to them.”
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 7 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
The pair will appear at Russell Brand Booky Wook 2 Tour at 8pm on September 30 at the Hackney Empire in Mare Street. Tickets cost �30 and �35 plus booking fee and are available online at www.hackneyempire.co.uk or by calling the box office on 020 8985 2424