Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross to be reunited on Hackney Empire stage
KINGS of controversy Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross are set to appear together for the first time since the ‘Sachsgate’ scandal on stage at the Hackney Empire.
Brand will be joined by his former fellow BBC Radio 2 host Ross for an evening of stand up comedy to launch the sequel to his best-selling book ‘My Booky Wook’.
They have not appeared together since they came under fire in 2008 over a series of lewd answerphone messages they left on actor Andrew Sachs’ telephone during a radio show.
Lucky ticket holders will be the only people able to see next week’s one-off show as it is not set to be broadcast.
Brand will be interviewing Ross and audience members will then take part in a live questions and answers session.
“It’s the first time they’ve done anything together since Sachsgate,” said an Empire spokesman
“It was a mixture of arms twisting - them coming to us and us going to them.”
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
The pair will appear at Russell Brand Booky Wook 2 Tour at 8pm on September 30 at the Hackney Empire in Mare Street. Tickets cost �30 and �35 plus booking fee and are available online at www.hackneyempire.co.uk or by calling the box office on 020 8985 2424