Russell Brand movie ‘Despicable Me’ Hackney charity preview - take part
Haggerston charity invites family to sneak preview of new Hollywood 3D film
A Haggerston charity is asking people to support local families, by grabbing a sneak preview screening of a new 3D animated film in Covent Garden this Sunday.
Family Action, which is based in Kingsland Road, is showing Despicable Me, featuring the voices of actors Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews, which is not released universally until October 15.
Family Action also wants people to sponsor one of the disadvantaged families it works with in Hackney to see the film.
The charity has provided services for disadvantaged and socially isolated families since 1869, and gives practical, emotional and financial support to over 45,000 families and children a year in England.
You may also want to watch:
The Family Action Despicable Me preview takes place on Sunday October 10 at the Odeon, Covent Garden. Tickets are �10 for children and �15 for adults.
All proceeds go to Family Action’s work, to book tickets call 020 7241 7454 or go to www.family-action.org.uk.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets