Russell Brand movie ‘Despicable Me’ Hackney charity preview - take part
Haggerston charity invites family to sneak preview of new Hollywood 3D film
A Haggerston charity is asking people to support local families, by grabbing a sneak preview screening of a new 3D animated film in Covent Garden this Sunday.
Family Action, which is based in Kingsland Road, is showing Despicable Me, featuring the voices of actors Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews, which is not released universally until October 15.
Family Action also wants people to sponsor one of the disadvantaged families it works with in Hackney to see the film.
The charity has provided services for disadvantaged and socially isolated families since 1869, and gives practical, emotional and financial support to over 45,000 families and children a year in England.
You may also want to watch:
The Family Action Despicable Me preview takes place on Sunday October 10 at the Odeon, Covent Garden. Tickets are �10 for children and �15 for adults.
All proceeds go to Family Action’s work, to book tickets call 020 7241 7454 or go to www.family-action.org.uk.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop