Russell Brand movie ‘Despicable Me’ Hackney charity preview - take part
Haggerston charity invites family to sneak preview of new Hollywood 3D film
A Haggerston charity is asking people to support local families, by grabbing a sneak preview screening of a new 3D animated film in Covent Garden this Sunday.
Family Action, which is based in Kingsland Road, is showing Despicable Me, featuring the voices of actors Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews, which is not released universally until October 15.
Family Action also wants people to sponsor one of the disadvantaged families it works with in Hackney to see the film.
The charity has provided services for disadvantaged and socially isolated families since 1869, and gives practical, emotional and financial support to over 45,000 families and children a year in England.
You may also want to watch:
The Family Action Despicable Me preview takes place on Sunday October 10 at the Odeon, Covent Garden. Tickets are �10 for children and �15 for adults.
All proceeds go to Family Action’s work, to book tickets call 020 7241 7454 or go to www.family-action.org.uk.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse