Russell Brand movie ‘Despicable Me’ Hackney charity preview - take part
Haggerston charity invites family to sneak preview of new Hollywood 3D film
A Haggerston charity is asking people to support local families, by grabbing a sneak preview screening of a new 3D animated film in Covent Garden this Sunday.
Family Action, which is based in Kingsland Road, is showing Despicable Me, featuring the voices of actors Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews, which is not released universally until October 15.
Family Action also wants people to sponsor one of the disadvantaged families it works with in Hackney to see the film.
The charity has provided services for disadvantaged and socially isolated families since 1869, and gives practical, emotional and financial support to over 45,000 families and children a year in England.
You may also want to watch:
The Family Action Despicable Me preview takes place on Sunday October 10 at the Odeon, Covent Garden. Tickets are �10 for children and �15 for adults.
All proceeds go to Family Action’s work, to book tickets call 020 7241 7454 or go to www.family-action.org.uk.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month