Sandro: I wish brilliant Bale was Brazilian
Sandro says Gareth Bale is one of the biggest stars he has ever played with – and he wishes his electric Spurs team-mate was born in Brazil.
Bale hit a devastating 23-minute hat-trick against Aston Villa on Boxing Day, and Sandro believes there are few better in the world.
“He is so good, it’s easy to talk about him because he’s a great player and a great guy as well,” said Sandro.
“He is enjoying the moment, he’s one of the best in the world so I’m happy to play with him. It would be great to have him in my [Brazil] team, but he was born in Wales.
“I’ve played with good players but Bale is at the top – he’s one of the best. He has everything - he’s comfortable with the ball, he’s quick, he’s clever and he’s strong.
“I think now he’s a dad he has more responsibility. He talks to me and everyone else after training and I have a good relationship with him.”
Spurs’ 4-0 victory at Aston Villa lifted them back into the top four, and the Lilywhites are now preparing for tomorrow’s trip to Sunderland.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 5 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
“We played well against Aston Villa and took our time to score the first goal,” said Sandro. “In the first half we had a lot of chances but didn’t score and the second half was better.
“Now we have to keep it going, we have to win the next game and the one after that to stay towards the top.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs