Sandro: I wish brilliant Bale was Brazilian
Sandro says Gareth Bale is one of the biggest stars he has ever played with – and he wishes his electric Spurs team-mate was born in Brazil.
Bale hit a devastating 23-minute hat-trick against Aston Villa on Boxing Day, and Sandro believes there are few better in the world.
“He is so good, it’s easy to talk about him because he’s a great player and a great guy as well,” said Sandro.
“He is enjoying the moment, he’s one of the best in the world so I’m happy to play with him. It would be great to have him in my [Brazil] team, but he was born in Wales.
“I’ve played with good players but Bale is at the top – he’s one of the best. He has everything - he’s comfortable with the ball, he’s quick, he’s clever and he’s strong.
You may also want to watch:
“I think now he’s a dad he has more responsibility. He talks to me and everyone else after training and I have a good relationship with him.”
Spurs’ 4-0 victory at Aston Villa lifted them back into the top four, and the Lilywhites are now preparing for tomorrow’s trip to Sunderland.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
“We played well against Aston Villa and took our time to score the first goal,” said Sandro. “In the first half we had a lot of chances but didn’t score and the second half was better.
“Now we have to keep it going, we have to win the next game and the one after that to stay towards the top.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs