Sandro: I wish brilliant Bale was Brazilian
Sandro says Gareth Bale is one of the biggest stars he has ever played with – and he wishes his electric Spurs team-mate was born in Brazil.
Bale hit a devastating 23-minute hat-trick against Aston Villa on Boxing Day, and Sandro believes there are few better in the world.
“He is so good, it’s easy to talk about him because he’s a great player and a great guy as well,” said Sandro.
“He is enjoying the moment, he’s one of the best in the world so I’m happy to play with him. It would be great to have him in my [Brazil] team, but he was born in Wales.
“I’ve played with good players but Bale is at the top – he’s one of the best. He has everything - he’s comfortable with the ball, he’s quick, he’s clever and he’s strong.
You may also want to watch:
“I think now he’s a dad he has more responsibility. He talks to me and everyone else after training and I have a good relationship with him.”
Spurs’ 4-0 victory at Aston Villa lifted them back into the top four, and the Lilywhites are now preparing for tomorrow’s trip to Sunderland.
- 1 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
“We played well against Aston Villa and took our time to score the first goal,” said Sandro. “In the first half we had a lot of chances but didn’t score and the second half was better.
“Now we have to keep it going, we have to win the next game and the one after that to stay towards the top.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs