Santa billed for winter festival visit to Chatsworth Road
- Credit: Tolga Akmen
Santa is pencilled in for a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival this Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton is being closed to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Market traders and independent shops will be throwing open their stalls and doors until 9pm, and the food stalls and restaurants lining the street will be serving up food and drinks throughout the day.
Organiser Jessica Doherty said: “We’re hoping to build on the success of summer’s ChatsFest which attracted over 10k visitors.
“We’ve got some brilliant independent shops, traders and restaurants just waiting to be discovered. The added bonus is you can do all your Christmas shopping without setting foot on Oxford Street.”
You may also want to watch:
Selected shops are also doing late night openings on Thursday December 10 and 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers