Santa billed for winter festival visit to Chatsworth Road
- Credit: Tolga Akmen
Santa is pencilled in for a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival this Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton is being closed to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Market traders and independent shops will be throwing open their stalls and doors until 9pm, and the food stalls and restaurants lining the street will be serving up food and drinks throughout the day.
Organiser Jessica Doherty said: “We’re hoping to build on the success of summer’s ChatsFest which attracted over 10k visitors.
“We’ve got some brilliant independent shops, traders and restaurants just waiting to be discovered. The added bonus is you can do all your Christmas shopping without setting foot on Oxford Street.”
You may also want to watch:
Selected shops are also doing late night openings on Thursday December 10 and 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow