Santa billed for winter festival visit to Chatsworth Road
- Credit: Tolga Akmen
Santa is pencilled in for a visit to the Chatsworth Road Winter Festival this Sunday.
The independent high street in Lower Clapton is being closed to traffic to make way for the usual, award-winning Sunday Market, along with an entertainment stage with live music, a dog show, a bar by Brew By Numbers, free dog microchipping, and free bike marking from the Met Police.
Market traders and independent shops will be throwing open their stalls and doors until 9pm, and the food stalls and restaurants lining the street will be serving up food and drinks throughout the day.
Organiser Jessica Doherty said: “We’re hoping to build on the success of summer’s ChatsFest which attracted over 10k visitors.
“We’ve got some brilliant independent shops, traders and restaurants just waiting to be discovered. The added bonus is you can do all your Christmas shopping without setting foot on Oxford Street.”
You may also want to watch:
Selected shops are also doing late night openings on Thursday December 10 and 17, including Brahms and Liszt, Pack and Clowder and Cooper and Wolf.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities