Saracens international celebrates with Hackney Rugby Club
Sponsorship with Finsbury Park pub announced
FEW things in life go together better than rugby and pubs and one Hackney sports team hopes this combination will leave a lasting legacy.
Hackney Rugby Football Club is linking with The Florence pub in Florence Street, Islington, who will be the team’s sponsor for three years.
The duo hope to develop an under-19’s and women’s team as well as improve and promote all current teams.
The occasion was marked with a visit to the pub and team from Hayden Smith of Guinness Premiership side Saracens on Thursday September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Richards, events manager, The Florence, said: “It was a fantastic night and a wonderful way to begin what will be a winning partnership.”
Saracens are currently developing a community rugby programme with Hackney and The Florence.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 9 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 10 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
Hayden congratulated the players and staff before staying for a question and answer session as rugby shirts and photos were attached to the walls commemorating the club’s history.