Saracens international celebrates with Hackney Rugby Club
Sponsorship with Finsbury Park pub announced
FEW things in life go together better than rugby and pubs and one Hackney sports team hopes this combination will leave a lasting legacy.
Hackney Rugby Football Club is linking with The Florence pub in Florence Street, Islington, who will be the team’s sponsor for three years.
The duo hope to develop an under-19’s and women’s team as well as improve and promote all current teams.
The occasion was marked with a visit to the pub and team from Hayden Smith of Guinness Premiership side Saracens on Thursday September 2.
Iain Richards, events manager, The Florence, said: “It was a fantastic night and a wonderful way to begin what will be a winning partnership.”
Saracens are currently developing a community rugby programme with Hackney and The Florence.
- 1 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 2 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 3 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 4 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 7 Hackney woman in court over 'chasing down' BBC journalist at lockdown rally
- 8 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 9 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 10 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Hayden congratulated the players and staff before staying for a question and answer session as rugby shirts and photos were attached to the walls commemorating the club’s history.