Saracens international celebrates with Hackney Rugby Club
Sponsorship with Finsbury Park pub announced
FEW things in life go together better than rugby and pubs and one Hackney sports team hopes this combination will leave a lasting legacy.
Hackney Rugby Football Club is linking with The Florence pub in Florence Street, Islington, who will be the team’s sponsor for three years.
The duo hope to develop an under-19’s and women’s team as well as improve and promote all current teams.
The occasion was marked with a visit to the pub and team from Hayden Smith of Guinness Premiership side Saracens on Thursday September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Richards, events manager, The Florence, said: “It was a fantastic night and a wonderful way to begin what will be a winning partnership.”
Saracens are currently developing a community rugby programme with Hackney and The Florence.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
Hayden congratulated the players and staff before staying for a question and answer session as rugby shirts and photos were attached to the walls commemorating the club’s history.