Saracens international celebrates with Hackney Rugby Club
Sponsorship with Finsbury Park pub announced
FEW things in life go together better than rugby and pubs and one Hackney sports team hopes this combination will leave a lasting legacy.
Hackney Rugby Football Club is linking with The Florence pub in Florence Street, Islington, who will be the team’s sponsor for three years.
The duo hope to develop an under-19’s and women’s team as well as improve and promote all current teams.
The occasion was marked with a visit to the pub and team from Hayden Smith of Guinness Premiership side Saracens on Thursday September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Richards, events manager, The Florence, said: “It was a fantastic night and a wonderful way to begin what will be a winning partnership.”
Saracens are currently developing a community rugby programme with Hackney and The Florence.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Hayden congratulated the players and staff before staying for a question and answer session as rugby shirts and photos were attached to the walls commemorating the club’s history.