Saracens international celebrates with Hackney Rugby Club
Sponsorship with Finsbury Park pub announced
FEW things in life go together better than rugby and pubs and one Hackney sports team hopes this combination will leave a lasting legacy.
Hackney Rugby Football Club is linking with The Florence pub in Florence Street, Islington, who will be the team’s sponsor for three years.
The duo hope to develop an under-19’s and women’s team as well as improve and promote all current teams.
The occasion was marked with a visit to the pub and team from Hayden Smith of Guinness Premiership side Saracens on Thursday September 2.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Richards, events manager, The Florence, said: “It was a fantastic night and a wonderful way to begin what will be a winning partnership.”
Saracens are currently developing a community rugby programme with Hackney and The Florence.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Hayden congratulated the players and staff before staying for a question and answer session as rugby shirts and photos were attached to the walls commemorating the club’s history.