Third teen charged with Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15, and GBH attack on second victim
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been charged with the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 15-year-old boy appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Saturday accused of killing the Hackney New School pupil in Somerford Grove.
He was also charged with GBH with intent in relation to a second victim who was also stabbed that night and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 16-year-old boy was charged on Friday with murder, GBH with intent in relation to a second victim, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis, and is due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm, and will next appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at 8.55pm on May 1 after Tashaûn had been stabbed in the lung. Officers and then medics fought to save his life, as members of the public had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8721 4266.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney