Third teen charged with Somerford Grove murder of Tashaûn Aird, 15, and GBH attack on second victim
- Credit: Archant
A third teenager has been charged with the murder of 15-year-old Tashaûn Aird in Stoke Newington.
The 15-year-old boy appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court on Saturday accused of killing the Hackney New School pupil in Somerford Grove.
He was also charged with GBH with intent in relation to a second victim who was also stabbed that night and possession of an offensive weapon.
A 16-year-old boy was charged on Friday with murder, GBH with intent in relation to a second victim, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of cannabis, and is due to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, of Erith Crescent, Romford was charged on May 6 with murder and grievous bodily harm, and will next appear at the Old Bailey on July 25.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at 8.55pm on May 1 after Tashaûn had been stabbed in the lung. Officers and then medics fought to save his life, as members of the public had already done, but he was pronounced dead just before 10pm.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8721 4266.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways