Aurier and Wanyama all set for Africa Cup of Nations
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
For Victor Wanyama and Kenya, it will be the first time they have taken part in the tournament
Most of Spurs' players are out of the country on holiday resting up after a demanding 2018/19 term, but for some they are still in the thick of the action.
Tottenham Hotspur have interest in both the Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America with several members of their squad involved.
Young centre backs Davinson Sanchez and Juan Foyth are both out in Brazil with Colombia and Argentina respectively.
The defenders are not the only Lilywhites representing the club in an international event as Serge Aurier and Victor Wanyama are currently in Egypt.
You may also want to watch:
The duo, who endured difficult 2018/19 seasons due to a mixture of injury and form, are set to take part in the Africa Cup of Nations.
It will be a historic occasion on Sunday for Wanyama and Kenya with the Harambee Stars in the tournament for the first time, and they play Algeria in Group C in their opening game in the competition.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
Aurier has to wait a day later, on Monday, for Ivory Coast to begin the tournament when his country set to take on South Africa in Group D.
Speaking back in April about the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, Kenya captain Wanyama said: "Honestly we don't have a target. We just need to make sure we work hard game by game to collect points."
While the Tottenham foursome would like a rest at some stage after a taxing campaign, they will not mind waiting a little longer if it means they help their countries enjoy success this summer.
Colombia and Argentina will be hopeful of reaching the knock-out phase of the Copa America and to maybe go on and win the whole tournament and Ivory Coast and Kenya will be keen to enjoy some type of glory out in Egypt.