Seven Sisters Road café attack: Boy, 17, charged with murder of Mohammed Hersi
- Credit: policep
A youth aged 17 has been charged with the murder of 40-year-old Mohammed Hersi following a fatal attack in a café in Seven Sisters Road.
Mr Hersi, 40, from Wood Green was assaulted in the Bethel Café on Tuesday night, just yards from Finsbury Park station.
He was left fighting for his life, but died in hospital the following afternoon.
A post-mortem examination at St Pancras mortuary gave the provisional cause of his death as a penetrating head injury.
A 17-year-old youth from Haringey was charged with his murder on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and has been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man