Seven Sisters Road café attack: Boy, 17, charged with murder of Mohammed Hersi
- Credit: policep
A youth aged 17 has been charged with the murder of 40-year-old Mohammed Hersi following a fatal attack in a café in Seven Sisters Road.
Mr Hersi, 40, from Wood Green was assaulted in the Bethel Café on Tuesday night, just yards from Finsbury Park station.
He was left fighting for his life, but died in hospital the following afternoon.
A post-mortem examination at St Pancras mortuary gave the provisional cause of his death as a penetrating head injury.
A 17-year-old youth from Haringey was charged with his murder on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and has been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000