Seven Sisters Road café attack: Boy, 17, charged with murder of Mohammed Hersi
- Credit: policep
A youth aged 17 has been charged with the murder of 40-year-old Mohammed Hersi following a fatal attack in a café in Seven Sisters Road.
Mr Hersi, 40, from Wood Green was assaulted in the Bethel Café on Tuesday night, just yards from Finsbury Park station.
He was left fighting for his life, but died in hospital the following afternoon.
A post-mortem examination at St Pancras mortuary gave the provisional cause of his death as a penetrating head injury.
A 17-year-old youth from Haringey was charged with his murder on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and has been remanded to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction