Seven Sisters Road taped off after ‘collision’
- Credit: Archant
Seven Sisters Road was taped off this afternoon after a collision.
Finsbury Park police have advised people to avoid the area after a cordon was set up between the junctions with Blackstock Road and Wilberforce Road.
The collision happened yards from where two young moped riders crashed in the early hours of Tuesday after “failing to stop for police”.
The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), which is investigating the police’s role in the incident as standard procedure, today said one of the riders – whose condition was initially life threatening – is no longer in a life threatening state.
The other moped rider had minor injuries and has left hospital. One was a female and the other male. Both are 18.
You may also want to watch:
After the incident on Tuesday, the Met said the moped had failed to stop for police officers. The force has not yet confirmed whether or not any arrests or charges have been made.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate