Seven Sisters Road taped off after ‘collision’
- Credit: Archant
Seven Sisters Road was taped off this afternoon after a collision.
Finsbury Park police have advised people to avoid the area after a cordon was set up between the junctions with Blackstock Road and Wilberforce Road.
The collision happened yards from where two young moped riders crashed in the early hours of Tuesday after “failing to stop for police”.
The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), which is investigating the police’s role in the incident as standard procedure, today said one of the riders – whose condition was initially life threatening – is no longer in a life threatening state.
The other moped rider had minor injuries and has left hospital. One was a female and the other male. Both are 18.
You may also want to watch:
After the incident on Tuesday, the Met said the moped had failed to stop for police officers. The force has not yet confirmed whether or not any arrests or charges have been made.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition