Seven Sisters Road taped off after ‘collision’
- Credit: Archant
Seven Sisters Road was taped off this afternoon after a collision.
Finsbury Park police have advised people to avoid the area after a cordon was set up between the junctions with Blackstock Road and Wilberforce Road.
The collision happened yards from where two young moped riders crashed in the early hours of Tuesday after “failing to stop for police”.
The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), which is investigating the police’s role in the incident as standard procedure, today said one of the riders – whose condition was initially life threatening – is no longer in a life threatening state.
The other moped rider had minor injuries and has left hospital. One was a female and the other male. Both are 18.
You may also want to watch:
After the incident on Tuesday, the Met said the moped had failed to stop for police officers. The force has not yet confirmed whether or not any arrests or charges have been made.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze