Seventh person charged with murder of Gulistan Subasi
A seventh person has been charged with the murder of a young Turkish mum shot dead on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
Zeon Jackman, 21, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham, will appear at Highgate Magistrates Court tomorrow (November 19) accused of killing Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi, 26, was shot in the chest at close range on March 22 as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
Murder detectives have already charged four men and two teenage boys in connection with her death.
You may also want to watch:
They have all been remanded in custody.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse