Seventh person charged with murder of Gulistan Subasi
A seventh person has been charged with the murder of a young Turkish mum shot dead on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
Zeon Jackman, 21, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham, will appear at Highgate Magistrates Court tomorrow (November 19) accused of killing Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi, 26, was shot in the chest at close range on March 22 as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
Murder detectives have already charged four men and two teenage boys in connection with her death.
You may also want to watch:
They have all been remanded in custody.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards