Seventh person charged with murder of Gulistan Subasi
A seventh person has been charged with the murder of a young Turkish mum shot dead on the doorstep of her family’s home in Homerton.
Zeon Jackman, 21, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham, will appear at Highgate Magistrates Court tomorrow (November 19) accused of killing Gulistan Subasi.
Ms Subasi, 26, was shot in the chest at close range on March 22 as she answered the door of her mother’s flat, which is reached down an alleyway off Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
She had been visiting family in Britain to celebrate her six-year-old son’s birthday after moving to Turkey following a split from her husband in 2006. She was due to return home in a matter of days.
Murder detectives have already charged four men and two teenage boys in connection with her death.
You may also want to watch:
They have all been remanded in custody.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12