Shape Mimbre’s live-streamed acrobatic show about “time” through Twitter, Instagram and You Tube
- Credit: Archant
An acrobatic group is inviting people to share their poems, sounds and drawings about time today via the Twitter, Instagram and You Tube social media sites, which will be used to shape a live-streamed performance for Hackney Live tonight.
The idea behind Hackney Live is to give young people the opportunity to use their smartphones, tablets or PCs to inspire the artists who are putting on a series of dance, theatre, acrobatic and animation events as part of the council’s Discover Young Hackney festival this month.
Kicking off the first event tonight, Mimbre will explore one of humankind’s most complex questions, “What is Time?” in the live performance at 6pm which will feature acrobatics alongside animation from internationally-renowned animator and director Magali Charrier.
Mimbre is looking for poems, images, texts, drawings, sounds and any other visualisations relating to peoples’ experiences of time, with the interactive research forming the first stage of production for what will be a nationally-touring show next year.
Follow @HackneyLive, @Mimbre_Acrobats, @arcolatheatre and @EastLondonDance for all the action on Twitter in the build-up to the live stream on www.hackneylive.co.uk at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The next live streamed show will be the Arcola Youth Theatre’s production of Once it’s Over the Audience Will Cheer on Sunday February 23 at 3pm, then a “choreographic challenge” from Dance Unleashed by East London Dance on Tuesday February 25 at 7pm.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex