Sheltered housing in Dalston erupts into flames
- Credit: sub
Firefighters were called out to a fire at a sheltered housing block in Cumberland Close, Dalston this morning (January 21).
Fire crew received a call from Keswick Lodge at 7:16am after the third floor erupted into flames. Four engines from Kingsland and Shoreditch fire stations were sent out to tackle the blaze and firefighter took nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
None of the 31 residents who live at the Lodge were hurt during the fire, although one resident will be temporarily relocated as his flat was damaged in the fire.
Estate manager John Bessony said: “Everybody was evacuated. Nobody was hurt.
“Only was resident was affected by the incident and will have to be relocated into temporary housing while we sort out his flat. His whole kitchen was burned down.
You may also want to watch:
“I have not got a report from the Fire Brigade yet so we do not know what caused the fire at this point in time.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week