Sheltered housing in Dalston erupts into flames
- Credit: sub
Firefighters were called out to a fire at a sheltered housing block in Cumberland Close, Dalston this morning (January 21).
Fire crew received a call from Keswick Lodge at 7:16am after the third floor erupted into flames. Four engines from Kingsland and Shoreditch fire stations were sent out to tackle the blaze and firefighter took nearly an hour to bring the fire under control.
None of the 31 residents who live at the Lodge were hurt during the fire, although one resident will be temporarily relocated as his flat was damaged in the fire.
Estate manager John Bessony said: “Everybody was evacuated. Nobody was hurt.
“Only was resident was affected by the incident and will have to be relocated into temporary housing while we sort out his flat. His whole kitchen was burned down.
You may also want to watch:
“I have not got a report from the Fire Brigade yet so we do not know what caused the fire at this point in time.”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting