Shoreditch actress finds dead frog with its tongue hanging out in her Tesco spinach salad
A Shoreditch actress and singer has spoken of her shock after becoming the second Londoner to find a dead frog in her bag of Tesco’s spinach.
Sarah Moss, 26, made a salad using the spinach which was supposed to have been washed by the supermarket giant, and began tucking in with her friend.
“It must have been after five minutes that my fork went through something that wasn’t meant to be there, and pierced this poor little frog,” she said.
“I don’t think it was alive, it had its tongue already hanging out.
I’m a massive animal lover so it was sad to see a dead frog,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“The frog hadn’t been damaged so you wonder at what stage of the process it managed to get in.”
Her vegetarian friend found the episode so distressing she was sick several times afterwards.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Ms Moss complained to Tesco - but because she hadn’t saved the frog, she was only offered an apology. After complaining again she was given a �10 gift voucher as compensation.
Last week another Londoner, Olly Goldenberg of Northolt complained he too had found a frog in his bag of Tesco spinach.
“We set ourselves very high standards for the safety of our food and for customer service, and we’re really sorry that they weren’t met on this occasion,” said a spokeswoman for Tesco.
“We have apologised to our customer, and we are urgently investigating how this happened with our supplier.”