Shoreditch catwalk show tomorrow raises money for NSPCC
Ten inspirational women selected for makeover, will join professional models
Ten women who have gone through tough times have been selected to strut their stuff in a catwalk in Shoreditch tomorrow, to raise funds for a child protection charity.
After having a make over and their hair styled, they will join professional models in the fashion show organised by style consultancy, 3 Colours Rule.
Flavilla Fongang, director of 3 Colours Rule, said: “We aim to give something back to selected women who have faced a difficult time in their lives like cancer, drug addiction or divorce, but have overcome it and are stronger and now leading a more positive life.”
Ten per cent of the �25 ticket will be donated to the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), as well as proceeds from the raffle, boasting prizes from top brands such as fashion designers Vivienne Westwood, La SENZA and crystal maker Swarovski.
You may also want to watch:
Margherita Russell, NSPCC community fundraising manager, said: “The money raised will help us to run services for children, young people and families such as ChildLine and Helpline, none of which would be possible without the continued generosity of donors, fundraisers and supporters.”
There will also be live performances, including a set from songwriter Jon Paul Palombo.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
The evening starts at 5pm in former hat factory, The Gallery in Redchurch Street.
For more information see http://stylemehappyevent.blogspot.com/p/show.html