Shoreditch catwalk show tomorrow raises money for NSPCC
Ten inspirational women selected for makeover, will join professional models
Ten women who have gone through tough times have been selected to strut their stuff in a catwalk in Shoreditch tomorrow, to raise funds for a child protection charity.
After having a make over and their hair styled, they will join professional models in the fashion show organised by style consultancy, 3 Colours Rule.
Flavilla Fongang, director of 3 Colours Rule, said: “We aim to give something back to selected women who have faced a difficult time in their lives like cancer, drug addiction or divorce, but have overcome it and are stronger and now leading a more positive life.”
Ten per cent of the �25 ticket will be donated to the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), as well as proceeds from the raffle, boasting prizes from top brands such as fashion designers Vivienne Westwood, La SENZA and crystal maker Swarovski.
You may also want to watch:
Margherita Russell, NSPCC community fundraising manager, said: “The money raised will help us to run services for children, young people and families such as ChildLine and Helpline, none of which would be possible without the continued generosity of donors, fundraisers and supporters.”
There will also be live performances, including a set from songwriter Jon Paul Palombo.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
The evening starts at 5pm in former hat factory, The Gallery in Redchurch Street.
For more information see http://stylemehappyevent.blogspot.com/p/show.html