Shoreditch community festival to take place as part of celebrations marking 100 years of council housing
- Credit: Archant
A new festival aiming to bring communities together will take place in Hoxton Street Market this weekend.
The Our Homes Festival Shoreditch is specifically for council tenants and leaseholders in the area and will give them a chance to meet town hall staff, including those responsible for their estates.
There will be free food and drink, live music and arts workshops at the event, part of Hackney Council's celebrations to mark 100 years of council housing.
Staff will also be at stalls offering information on housing management, repairs, anti-social behaviour, recycling, employment and training, funding and the Shoreditch and Hoxton Arts Fund.
Cllr Clayeon McKenzie said: "The free Our Homes Festival Shoreditch is a chance for residents to have fun, get creative, mix with their neighbours, and talk to council staff about how we can help and support them in a wide range of ways, from managing their property, to health and wellbeing advice, and job opportunities."
You may also want to watch:
The festival starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate