Shoreditch designer’s Fashion Week debut
A FORMER Hackney fashion student whose designs have been bagged by Lady Gaga made her debut at London Fashion Week on Monday.
A former Hackney fashion student whose designs have been bagged by Lady Gaga makes her debut at London Fashion Week today (Monday).
Rhiannon Jones, who studied at Hackney Community College in Falkirk Street until July, is unveiling her designs at the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Exhibition in central London under her fashion label Bolshie.
At just 18 years old, she is among the youngest designers to officially showcase a collection at the world-famous week.
Rhiannon, of Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, left school at 15 and moved to Hackney from Beverley in east Yorkshire two years ago to pursue her dream of being a fashion designer.
She landed a deal with Soho fashion boutique Machine-A while studying at HCC, and her quirky clothes have since been worn by celebrities such as X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke.
Her new collection, unveiled today, has already been snapped up by freaky fashionista Lady Gaga who picked a pair of white shorts and a jacket.
- 1 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 2 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 3 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 4 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 5 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 6 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 7 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 8 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
“I can’t wait, I’m really excited,” said Rhiannon ahead of the show.
“I have been working all summer - it has been a lot of hard work and late nights.
“My new collection is slightly more serious and grown up, but I like to let my work do the talking.”