Shoreditch designer’s Fashion Week debut
A FORMER Hackney fashion student whose designs have been bagged by Lady Gaga made her debut at London Fashion Week on Monday.
A former Hackney fashion student whose designs have been bagged by Lady Gaga makes her debut at London Fashion Week today (Monday).
Rhiannon Jones, who studied at Hackney Community College in Falkirk Street until July, is unveiling her designs at the Vauxhall Fashion Scout Exhibition in central London under her fashion label Bolshie.
At just 18 years old, she is among the youngest designers to officially showcase a collection at the world-famous week.
Rhiannon, of Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, left school at 15 and moved to Hackney from Beverley in east Yorkshire two years ago to pursue her dream of being a fashion designer.
You may also want to watch:
She landed a deal with Soho fashion boutique Machine-A while studying at HCC, and her quirky clothes have since been worn by celebrities such as X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke.
Her new collection, unveiled today, has already been snapped up by freaky fashionista Lady Gaga who picked a pair of white shorts and a jacket.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
“I can’t wait, I’m really excited,” said Rhiannon ahead of the show.
“I have been working all summer - it has been a lot of hard work and late nights.
“My new collection is slightly more serious and grown up, but I like to let my work do the talking.”