Shoreditch festival not a wash out despite the weather - and it continues until next weekend
Revellers didn’t let the torrential downpours spoil the fun at a canalside carnival at the weekend as part of the 10th annual Shoreditch Festival.
A three kilometre stretch of the Regent’s Canal featured entertainment both on the water and beside it.
A floating stage with performing DJ’s opposite the Towpath Caf� at Hoxton’s Whitmore Bridge set the scene as the crowds which flocked to the event walked down the towpath trail past music stages and food stalls.
The free entertainment programme, which continues throughout this week and next weekend, is organised by charitable regeneration organisation The Shoreditch Trust, which aims to produce long-term social, economic and environmental benefits for the local community.
This week’s events include a floating cinema in a customised narrow boat, based at the Waterhouse Restaurant in Orsman Road, Hoxton.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend sees the Shoreditch Bark Dog Show in Shoreditch Park with prizes for Hoxton’s Hottest Dog and the Waggiest Tail. To register visit www.shoreditchfestival.org.uk
Various activities will also encourage exploration of the waterways, with London Walks, Heritage Podcasts, and a Shoreditch Festival Art Trail.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes
Create’s Search Party, an unusual treasure hunt leading to a secret party also sets off from Shoreditch on Saturday. For more information see www.createlondon.org/features/search-party/