Shoreditch festival not a wash out despite the weather - and it continues until next weekend
Revellers didn’t let the torrential downpours spoil the fun at a canalside carnival at the weekend as part of the 10th annual Shoreditch Festival.
A three kilometre stretch of the Regent’s Canal featured entertainment both on the water and beside it.
A floating stage with performing DJ’s opposite the Towpath Caf� at Hoxton’s Whitmore Bridge set the scene as the crowds which flocked to the event walked down the towpath trail past music stages and food stalls.
The free entertainment programme, which continues throughout this week and next weekend, is organised by charitable regeneration organisation The Shoreditch Trust, which aims to produce long-term social, economic and environmental benefits for the local community.
This week’s events include a floating cinema in a customised narrow boat, based at the Waterhouse Restaurant in Orsman Road, Hoxton.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend sees the Shoreditch Bark Dog Show in Shoreditch Park with prizes for Hoxton’s Hottest Dog and the Waggiest Tail. To register visit www.shoreditchfestival.org.uk
Various activities will also encourage exploration of the waterways, with London Walks, Heritage Podcasts, and a Shoreditch Festival Art Trail.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
Create’s Search Party, an unusual treasure hunt leading to a secret party also sets off from Shoreditch on Saturday. For more information see www.createlondon.org/features/search-party/