Shoreditch festival not a wash out despite the weather - and it continues until next weekend
Revellers didn’t let the torrential downpours spoil the fun at a canalside carnival at the weekend as part of the 10th annual Shoreditch Festival.
A three kilometre stretch of the Regent’s Canal featured entertainment both on the water and beside it.
A floating stage with performing DJ’s opposite the Towpath Caf� at Hoxton’s Whitmore Bridge set the scene as the crowds which flocked to the event walked down the towpath trail past music stages and food stalls.
The free entertainment programme, which continues throughout this week and next weekend, is organised by charitable regeneration organisation The Shoreditch Trust, which aims to produce long-term social, economic and environmental benefits for the local community.
This week’s events include a floating cinema in a customised narrow boat, based at the Waterhouse Restaurant in Orsman Road, Hoxton.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend sees the Shoreditch Bark Dog Show in Shoreditch Park with prizes for Hoxton’s Hottest Dog and the Waggiest Tail. To register visit www.shoreditchfestival.org.uk
Various activities will also encourage exploration of the waterways, with London Walks, Heritage Podcasts, and a Shoreditch Festival Art Trail.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Create’s Search Party, an unusual treasure hunt leading to a secret party also sets off from Shoreditch on Saturday. For more information see www.createlondon.org/features/search-party/