Shoreditch festival not a wash out despite the weather - and it continues until next weekend
Revellers didn’t let the torrential downpours spoil the fun at a canalside carnival at the weekend as part of the 10th annual Shoreditch Festival.
A three kilometre stretch of the Regent’s Canal featured entertainment both on the water and beside it.
A floating stage with performing DJ’s opposite the Towpath Caf� at Hoxton’s Whitmore Bridge set the scene as the crowds which flocked to the event walked down the towpath trail past music stages and food stalls.
The free entertainment programme, which continues throughout this week and next weekend, is organised by charitable regeneration organisation The Shoreditch Trust, which aims to produce long-term social, economic and environmental benefits for the local community.
This week’s events include a floating cinema in a customised narrow boat, based at the Waterhouse Restaurant in Orsman Road, Hoxton.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend sees the Shoreditch Bark Dog Show in Shoreditch Park with prizes for Hoxton’s Hottest Dog and the Waggiest Tail. To register visit www.shoreditchfestival.org.uk
Various activities will also encourage exploration of the waterways, with London Walks, Heritage Podcasts, and a Shoreditch Festival Art Trail.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
Create’s Search Party, an unusual treasure hunt leading to a secret party also sets off from Shoreditch on Saturday. For more information see www.createlondon.org/features/search-party/