Shoreditch hairdressers handed awards appointment
- Credit: Archant
Two Shoreditch hairdressers have made the cut for a top national gong.
Lisa Farrall and Suhyun Kang of the London Hair Academy in Curtain Road are shortlisted in different categories for the British Hairdressing Awards.
The Afro Hairdresser of the Year award will see Lisa face off against five others, while Suhyun will compete for Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year.
Lisa is the manager and top educator at the salon, having cut the locks of celebrities for 15 years, while Suhyun has built her career in fashion, TV and film.
“I’m beyond excited,” said Lisa. “It is a real honour. I’ve been working hard in this industry all my life and I constantly push my students to do the same.”
You may also want to watch:
The competition required hairdressers and artistic teams from across the country to create a portfolio of four images showcasing their creativity and technical skill. The collections were then displayed in a gallery for judging by more than 50 of the industry’s top hairdressers, all experts in their field.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of Hairdressers Journal International said: “Lisa and Su should be very proud of their success in two of the most fiercely fought categories. British hairdressing is regarded as the best in the world and to be a finalist is, without overstatement, a huge achievement.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
The winners will be revealed at a glitzy awards ceremony in November.