Shoreditch hairdressers handed awards appointment
- Credit: Archant
Two Shoreditch hairdressers have made the cut for a top national gong.
Lisa Farrall and Suhyun Kang of the London Hair Academy in Curtain Road are shortlisted in different categories for the British Hairdressing Awards.
The Afro Hairdresser of the Year award will see Lisa face off against five others, while Suhyun will compete for Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year.
Lisa is the manager and top educator at the salon, having cut the locks of celebrities for 15 years, while Suhyun has built her career in fashion, TV and film.
“I’m beyond excited,” said Lisa. “It is a real honour. I’ve been working hard in this industry all my life and I constantly push my students to do the same.”
You may also want to watch:
The competition required hairdressers and artistic teams from across the country to create a portfolio of four images showcasing their creativity and technical skill. The collections were then displayed in a gallery for judging by more than 50 of the industry’s top hairdressers, all experts in their field.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of Hairdressers Journal International said: “Lisa and Su should be very proud of their success in two of the most fiercely fought categories. British hairdressing is regarded as the best in the world and to be a finalist is, without overstatement, a huge achievement.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
The winners will be revealed at a glitzy awards ceremony in November.