Shoreditch horror death plunge from window
Police are carrying out investigations after a 28-year old photographer plunged to his death from a window said to be covered with a blind at a Fashion Week party in Shoreditch.
Guests were horrified when Peter Alexander and an unnamed 20-year old male model both fell from the third floor of Victorian House in French Place just before 10pm on Thursday night.
Friends of Mr Alexander claim a naked performance was taking place in the room when the horrific accident happened, which was why the blind had been drawn over the window.
They say he was completely sober when he arrived just half and hour before, at the corporate fashion event organised by fashion PR company Blow, to showcase designers and stylists.
Paramedics were unable to save Mr Alexander, however the other man’s fall was broken when he landed on a car.
You may also want to watch:
He was treated for pelvic injuries and is in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
Fashion photographer Billa Baldwin, 43, had invited his friend of eight years, Mr Alexander to the event at which he was the official photographer, and was taking photos on the roof terrace when the accident happened.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
“We heard a bang, someone said someone had fallen out of the window, I went down, there was just blood pouring out of him,” said Mr Baldwin.
Mr Baldwin, who travelled around Japan last year with his best friend Peter, a talented photographer who had studied architecture at university, said his friends and family are still in shock.
“I feel terrible, he’s a character and I’m never going to get anyone like Peter again, he’s a one in a million type person.
“He’d sell cameras down Brick Lane, I would sit with him all day, there was never a dull moment with him basically.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious, but inquiries continue.
“Although this is a private house, it is understood it may have been hosting a corporate event,” said a police spokeswoman.
“As such the Health and Safety Executive has been informed to consider if there are any issues that come within its remit.”
Michael Oliveira-Salac, Blow’s director, said their thoughts are with the families.