Photography exhibition showcasing Shoreditch's 'pioneers' raises cash for homeless shelter
- Credit: Tony Hutchings
A photography exhibition in Shoreditch is raising money for a Hackney homelessness shelter.
The event at the Photobookcafe, Shoreditch Pioneers, will be open every evening from 4pm to 8pm until Friday, December 11 and is in aid of the Hackney Winter Night Shelter (HWNS).
The portraits feature individuals who live or work in Shoreditch, aiming to celebrate the area’s creative spirit.
They will be displayed on a large outdoor screen to allow for social distancing.
Tony Hutchings, the photographer behind the event, said the collection has been in the making since 2016: “All the people I have photographed have been supportive of the aim of the project and many have donated through the link on the Shoreditch Pioneers Instagram.”
You may also want to watch:
Christina Ball, director of HWNS, said lockdown has been a challenge and thanked Tony and the Photobookcafe for their support.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need