Photography exhibition showcasing Shoreditch's 'pioneers' raises cash for homeless shelter
- Credit: Tony Hutchings
A photography exhibition in Shoreditch is raising money for a Hackney homelessness shelter.
The event at the Photobookcafe, Shoreditch Pioneers, will be open every evening from 4pm to 8pm until Friday, December 11 and is in aid of the Hackney Winter Night Shelter (HWNS).
The portraits feature individuals who live or work in Shoreditch, aiming to celebrate the area’s creative spirit.
They will be displayed on a large outdoor screen to allow for social distancing.
Tony Hutchings, the photographer behind the event, said the collection has been in the making since 2016: “All the people I have photographed have been supportive of the aim of the project and many have donated through the link on the Shoreditch Pioneers Instagram.”
You may also want to watch:
Christina Ball, director of HWNS, said lockdown has been a challenge and thanked Tony and the Photobookcafe for their support.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild