Shoreditch singer Delilah “really excited” to play on Hackney home turf
Leona Lewis was not the only star delighted to be performing on home turf at Saturday’s BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra Hackney Weekend.
Singer-songwriter Delilah, who lives in Shoreditch, said she was “really excited to be here” at the music festival on Hackney Marshes.
The 21-year-old, born Paloma Stoeker, performed on the In New Music We Trust stage in the afternoon.
She told the Gazette: “I feel like I’m a bit of an old hand at festivals but doing it by myself is a bit different. This year is the first time I’m doing this as a solo artist.”
Previously, Delilah has collaborated with Chase & Status and played at Glastonbury.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Fans can always expect energy in my set and they’re going to have a good time. I love being at the festival and I’m just going to sing my little heart out and have fun.
“Last weekend I played Lovebox [in Victoria Park]. It’s really nice having so many music-orientated events going on in Hackney especially after all the drama of last year.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
“As a teenager I used to have a lot of friends in Hackney and I used to love going out here a lot.”
A rich mix of music stars wowed the crowds on Hackney Marshes on Saturday.
Main stage headline act Jay-Z arrived by helicopter and was joined onstage by tomorrow’s headliner Rihanna as well as M.I.A. and Kanye West.