Shoreditch singer Delilah “really excited” to play on Hackney home turf
Leona Lewis was not the only star delighted to be performing on home turf at Saturday’s BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra Hackney Weekend.
Singer-songwriter Delilah, who lives in Shoreditch, said she was “really excited to be here” at the music festival on Hackney Marshes.
The 21-year-old, born Paloma Stoeker, performed on the In New Music We Trust stage in the afternoon.
She told the Gazette: “I feel like I’m a bit of an old hand at festivals but doing it by myself is a bit different. This year is the first time I’m doing this as a solo artist.”
Previously, Delilah has collaborated with Chase & Status and played at Glastonbury.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Fans can always expect energy in my set and they’re going to have a good time. I love being at the festival and I’m just going to sing my little heart out and have fun.
“Last weekend I played Lovebox [in Victoria Park]. It’s really nice having so many music-orientated events going on in Hackney especially after all the drama of last year.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 6 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 7 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 8 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
“As a teenager I used to have a lot of friends in Hackney and I used to love going out here a lot.”
A rich mix of music stars wowed the crowds on Hackney Marshes on Saturday.
Main stage headline act Jay-Z arrived by helicopter and was joined onstage by tomorrow’s headliner Rihanna as well as M.I.A. and Kanye West.