Shoreditch ‘Tech City’ is set for party
Shoreditch’s “Silicon Valley” will become a pulsating digital playground next month, when it hosts a digital festival.
Late-night parties, workshops, massive projections, interactive artworks and pioneering reality games are all planned for Digital Shoreditch.
Home to the largest concentration of digital creative companies and innovators in Europe, PM David Cameron dubbed the area “Tech City” when he visited last November.
Games and simulations company PlayGen has teamed up to organise the five-day event with London Metropolitan University - whose business incubator, Accelerator, is based in Kingsland Road.
The London Met wants to find ways to encourage the growth of Tech City, where over 100 digital businesses are based along from Old Street roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Sue O’Hare, associate director of enterprise at London Met, which runs Accelerator, said: “London Met has been an integral part of the Shoreditch scene for some time, supporting local businesses and helping to create jobs.
“Shoreditch is the ideal place for the industry to showcase and the public to experience the latest in digital innovation.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
Activities take place in Shoreditch and Brick Lane in Tower Hamlets from Tuesday May 3 to Saturday May 7, for more information see http://digitalshoreditch.com/