Shoreditch venue Village Underground to host its first wedding
- Credit: Archant
It will be a stylish marriage, and they certainly can afford a carriage – a Tube carriage, that is.
Hip music and arts venue the Village Underground is set to host its first wedding next year.
The Shoreditch spot, famed for having two bits of a Tube train on its roof, has had a licence for a few years and hosted receptions, but never the official ceremony.
But staff member Laura Killeen told the Gazette that’s set to change next year, providing Hackney Council renews its licence which is set to expire in March.
“It’s booked – it’s going to happen,” she said. “We hope it will happen more often now. The more the merrier.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura said the receptions are often quite eccentric and the venue is often booked by people who go to club nights at the venue.
“Most couples go onto the roof for the wedding photos with the carriage,” she said. “It’s so incredibly London with a view of the skyline as well as the carriage.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase