Shoreditch venue Village Underground to host its first wedding
- Credit: Archant
It will be a stylish marriage, and they certainly can afford a carriage – a Tube carriage, that is.
Hip music and arts venue the Village Underground is set to host its first wedding next year.
The Shoreditch spot, famed for having two bits of a Tube train on its roof, has had a licence for a few years and hosted receptions, but never the official ceremony.
But staff member Laura Killeen told the Gazette that’s set to change next year, providing Hackney Council renews its licence which is set to expire in March.
“It’s booked – it’s going to happen,” she said. “We hope it will happen more often now. The more the merrier.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura said the receptions are often quite eccentric and the venue is often booked by people who go to club nights at the venue.
“Most couples go onto the roof for the wedding photos with the carriage,” she said. “It’s so incredibly London with a view of the skyline as well as the carriage.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers