Shoreditch venue Village Underground to host its first wedding
- Credit: Archant
It will be a stylish marriage, and they certainly can afford a carriage – a Tube carriage, that is.
Hip music and arts venue the Village Underground is set to host its first wedding next year.
The Shoreditch spot, famed for having two bits of a Tube train on its roof, has had a licence for a few years and hosted receptions, but never the official ceremony.
But staff member Laura Killeen told the Gazette that’s set to change next year, providing Hackney Council renews its licence which is set to expire in March.
“It’s booked – it’s going to happen,” she said. “We hope it will happen more often now. The more the merrier.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura said the receptions are often quite eccentric and the venue is often booked by people who go to club nights at the venue.
“Most couples go onto the roof for the wedding photos with the carriage,” she said. “It’s so incredibly London with a view of the skyline as well as the carriage.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift