Shoreditch venue Village Underground to host its first wedding
- Credit: Archant
It will be a stylish marriage, and they certainly can afford a carriage – a Tube carriage, that is.
Hip music and arts venue the Village Underground is set to host its first wedding next year.
The Shoreditch spot, famed for having two bits of a Tube train on its roof, has had a licence for a few years and hosted receptions, but never the official ceremony.
But staff member Laura Killeen told the Gazette that’s set to change next year, providing Hackney Council renews its licence which is set to expire in March.
“It’s booked – it’s going to happen,” she said. “We hope it will happen more often now. The more the merrier.”
You may also want to watch:
Laura said the receptions are often quite eccentric and the venue is often booked by people who go to club nights at the venue.
“Most couples go onto the roof for the wedding photos with the carriage,” she said. “It’s so incredibly London with a view of the skyline as well as the carriage.”
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted