Northern Line: Services to finish at 9.30pm tonight as travel woes continue between Camden Town and central London
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Passengers using the Northern Line face further chaos this evening as services in Zone One and Two will finish at 9.30pm.
The Ham&High understands that this evening there will be no service between Camden Town and Kennington on the Bank branch, with severe delays on the rest of the line.
Transport for London has also confirmed that services in Zone 1 and 2 will finish at 9.30pm, so workers can begin work to fix a signalling issue at Kennington.
It has also told travellers to check before travelling tomorrow morning.
Commuters into central London this morning found the same problem, with the issue worsening at lunchtime. London Underground trains stopped running between Camden Town and Morden on both the Bank and Charing Cross lines.
According to Transport for London (TfL) this has been caused by signalling problems at Kennington.
Last night passengers faced trouble between Camden Town and East Finchley because of a signal failure at Archway, and a person falling ill while on a train at Tufnell Park.
- 1 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 2 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 7 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 8 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 9 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
TfL's director of customer service, Brian Woodhead said: "I am extremely sorry for the disruption Northern line customers have been experiencing this week. This has been caused by an issue with the signalling system which our engineers are working hard to fix. To enable this work to continue, services on the Northern line within Zone 1&2 will finish early this evening. We advise customers to complete all Northern line journeys by 21.30 today and check for the latest travel advice before travelling tomorrow morning."."