Slade targets deadline day signing
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade is hopeful of signing a new striker
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade has hinted at the possibility of signing a new striker before tonight’s 11pm transfer deadline.
Veteran midfielders Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands tied themselves down to the club by signing new contracts last week, while versatile youngster Moses Odubajo is also on the verge of putting pen to paper to extend his stay at Brisbane Road.
But Slade still believes his team are a little light up top with Kevin Lisbie out injured and Ryan Brunt, who spent the first six months of the season on loan at the O’s from Stoke, having now joined Bristol Rovers.
“I’m really happy with the group, but when we play Southend [in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy area final] we could probably do with a forward thinking player who is not cup-tied – that would be nice,” he said.
“To keep Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands with us means I haven’t had to go into the transfer market for a loanee or a new face.
“We can keep the solidness of the group and the team spirit going, which is important.
- 1 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 2 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 3 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 4 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 5 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 6 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 7 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
“Moses has not signed his new contract yet, but we’re hopeful he will this week.
“He’s doing well for us. There will always be interest in your young, talented players, but Mo isn’t going anywhere.”