Slade targets deadline day signing
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade is hopeful of signing a new striker
Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade has hinted at the possibility of signing a new striker before tonight’s 11pm transfer deadline.
Veteran midfielders Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands tied themselves down to the club by signing new contracts last week, while versatile youngster Moses Odubajo is also on the verge of putting pen to paper to extend his stay at Brisbane Road.
But Slade still believes his team are a little light up top with Kevin Lisbie out injured and Ryan Brunt, who spent the first six months of the season on loan at the O’s from Stoke, having now joined Bristol Rovers.
“I’m really happy with the group, but when we play Southend [in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy area final] we could probably do with a forward thinking player who is not cup-tied – that would be nice,” he said.
“To keep Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands with us means I haven’t had to go into the transfer market for a loanee or a new face.
“We can keep the solidness of the group and the team spirit going, which is important.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 8 Apothecary: Japanese-inspired small plates combine with Shoreditch vibes
- 9 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
“Moses has not signed his new contract yet, but we’re hopeful he will this week.
“He’s doing well for us. There will always be interest in your young, talented players, but Mo isn’t going anywhere.”