Snake scare at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park
- Credit: Archant
Escaped albino Californian King snake causes a scare at the summer celebration in Hackney.
Revellers at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park basked in the glorious sunshine on Saturday, as children were drenched by firemen’s hose and adults relaxed with a glass of Pimms to the tunes of a brass band.
Children were well entertained with face painting, hula hooping, a bouncy castle and magician and sports races, in the event organised by the De Beauvoir Association in De Beauvoir Square.
MP Meg Hillier put in an appearance along with the Speaker of Hackney Michael Desmond.
One of the organisers, Paul Bolding said: “We had minor excitement after it ended when someone spotted a snake in a tree.
“The police called the RSPCA who identified it as a harmless albino Californian king snake, presumably escaped.”
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 4 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 5 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 6 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 9 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
- 10 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody