Snake scare at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park
- Credit: Archant
Escaped albino Californian King snake causes a scare at the summer celebration in Hackney.
Revellers at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park basked in the glorious sunshine on Saturday, as children were drenched by firemen’s hose and adults relaxed with a glass of Pimms to the tunes of a brass band.
Children were well entertained with face painting, hula hooping, a bouncy castle and magician and sports races, in the event organised by the De Beauvoir Association in De Beauvoir Square.
MP Meg Hillier put in an appearance along with the Speaker of Hackney Michael Desmond.
One of the organisers, Paul Bolding said: “We had minor excitement after it ended when someone spotted a snake in a tree.
You may also want to watch:
“The police called the RSPCA who identified it as a harmless albino Californian king snake, presumably escaped.”
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images