Snake scare at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park
- Credit: Archant
Escaped albino Californian King snake causes a scare at the summer celebration in Hackney.
Revellers at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park basked in the glorious sunshine on Saturday, as children were drenched by firemen’s hose and adults relaxed with a glass of Pimms to the tunes of a brass band.
Children were well entertained with face painting, hula hooping, a bouncy castle and magician and sports races, in the event organised by the De Beauvoir Association in De Beauvoir Square.
MP Meg Hillier put in an appearance along with the Speaker of Hackney Michael Desmond.
One of the organisers, Paul Bolding said: “We had minor excitement after it ended when someone spotted a snake in a tree.
You may also want to watch:
“The police called the RSPCA who identified it as a harmless albino Californian king snake, presumably escaped.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions