Snake scare at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park
- Credit: Archant
Escaped albino Californian King snake causes a scare at the summer celebration in Hackney.
Revellers at De Beauvoir’s annual Party in the Park basked in the glorious sunshine on Saturday, as children were drenched by firemen’s hose and adults relaxed with a glass of Pimms to the tunes of a brass band.
Children were well entertained with face painting, hula hooping, a bouncy castle and magician and sports races, in the event organised by the De Beauvoir Association in De Beauvoir Square.
MP Meg Hillier put in an appearance along with the Speaker of Hackney Michael Desmond.
One of the organisers, Paul Bolding said: “We had minor excitement after it ended when someone spotted a snake in a tree.
You may also want to watch:
“The police called the RSPCA who identified it as a harmless albino Californian king snake, presumably escaped.”
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers