Snow blizzard hits Hackney
Just days before Christmas the snow which has plunged the rest of the country into chaos, has finally hit Hackney.
Treacherous icy driving conditions were caused in the borough after yesterday’s flurry, but today (Saturday December 18) a blizzard descended leaving un-gritted back roads covered in centimetres of snow.
Around 15cm fell between 11am and 3pm, and Max Vallance was caught unawares on his bike, as snow settled within minutes in De Beauvoir town.
His little brother Rufus couldn’t wait to get home after a blanket of the white stuff covered him in his pram.
Beanie Brownjohn and his three-year old son Bruno meanwhile, braved the blizzard in De Beauvoir Road to buy their Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
And Rhi Heaton’s little pug braved the weather in a little winter warmer suit in Englefield Road.
Send us in your snow pictures and stories at email@example.com.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club