Snow blizzard hits Hackney
Just days before Christmas the snow which has plunged the rest of the country into chaos, has finally hit Hackney.
Treacherous icy driving conditions were caused in the borough after yesterday’s flurry, but today (Saturday December 18) a blizzard descended leaving un-gritted back roads covered in centimetres of snow.
Around 15cm fell between 11am and 3pm, and Max Vallance was caught unawares on his bike, as snow settled within minutes in De Beauvoir town.
His little brother Rufus couldn’t wait to get home after a blanket of the white stuff covered him in his pram.
Beanie Brownjohn and his three-year old son Bruno meanwhile, braved the blizzard in De Beauvoir Road to buy their Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
And Rhi Heaton’s little pug braved the weather in a little winter warmer suit in Englefield Road.
Send us in your snow pictures and stories at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens