Snow blizzard hits Hackney
Just days before Christmas the snow which has plunged the rest of the country into chaos, has finally hit Hackney.
Treacherous icy driving conditions were caused in the borough after yesterday’s flurry, but today (Saturday December 18) a blizzard descended leaving un-gritted back roads covered in centimetres of snow.
Around 15cm fell between 11am and 3pm, and Max Vallance was caught unawares on his bike, as snow settled within minutes in De Beauvoir town.
His little brother Rufus couldn’t wait to get home after a blanket of the white stuff covered him in his pram.
Beanie Brownjohn and his three-year old son Bruno meanwhile, braved the blizzard in De Beauvoir Road to buy their Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
And Rhi Heaton’s little pug braved the weather in a little winter warmer suit in Englefield Road.
Send us in your snow pictures and stories at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers