Soak the vicar at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday
Mischievous residents will be in with a chance to “soak the vicar” at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday (July 7).
Face painting, a treasure hunt, stalls galore and bell ringing are all on the agenda to make sure there is something to please everyone at the fund raiser at the church in Lower Clapton Road.
The Pearly Queen of Hackney will also make an appearance, along with the Hackney Children’s Theatre group the Hackney Playbus and a fire engine.
Local businesses have rallied around to generously support the fete including Siva’s Shop in Clarence Row, which was badly affected in last summer’s riots.
The summer celebration takes place in the church gardens from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or suggest new ideas email email@example.com
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting