Soak the vicar at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday
Mischievous residents will be in with a chance to “soak the vicar” at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday (July 7).
Face painting, a treasure hunt, stalls galore and bell ringing are all on the agenda to make sure there is something to please everyone at the fund raiser at the church in Lower Clapton Road.
The Pearly Queen of Hackney will also make an appearance, along with the Hackney Children’s Theatre group the Hackney Playbus and a fire engine.
Local businesses have rallied around to generously support the fete including Siva’s Shop in Clarence Row, which was badly affected in last summer’s riots.
The summer celebration takes place in the church gardens from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or suggest new ideas email email@example.com
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service