Soak the vicar at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday
Mischievous residents will be in with a chance to “soak the vicar” at the St John at Hackney summer fete this Saturday (July 7).
Face painting, a treasure hunt, stalls galore and bell ringing are all on the agenda to make sure there is something to please everyone at the fund raiser at the church in Lower Clapton Road.
The Pearly Queen of Hackney will also make an appearance, along with the Hackney Children’s Theatre group the Hackney Playbus and a fire engine.
Local businesses have rallied around to generously support the fete including Siva’s Shop in Clarence Row, which was badly affected in last summer’s riots.
The summer celebration takes place in the church gardens from 10am to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved or suggest new ideas email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'