Soccaroonies club to raise money for The Crib in charity football match
- Credit: Anthony Hassan
Soccaroonies football club is sending out a final call for anyone who wants to play in its charity football match at the weekend.
Adults are asked for a £20 donation and 14 to 16-year-olds for £5 to play in the match from 11am to 4pm on Sunday at Stoke Newington School in Clissold Road.
Proceeds will go towards The Crib youth club where Soccaroonies founder Tony Hassan went himself in the '80s.
Spectators are invited along to the main match which starts at 1pm.
Prizes in an auction include a Tottenham Legends shirt which currently has a bid for £360.
You may also want to watch:
Over the past four years the club has raised £6,000 for Grenfell survivors, and those affected by narcolepsy and suicide through annual charity football matches.
Tony, who set up the club in Clissold Park 10 years ago, said: "It's important to involve the children and show them it is the thing to do - to do nice things for people, and to develop their life skills as well as their football skills.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
To donate see justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-hassan1.