Somerford Grove stabbing: Murder victim, 15, named as former Hackney New School pupil Tashaûn Aird
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Somerford Grove last night.
The child, who has been named locally as Tashaûn Aird, was described as “lovely and kind-hearted”.
Police officers, who were called to the scene just before 9pm, gave the child emergency first aid until paramedics from London’s Air Ambulance arrived.
But he was pronounced dead within an hour, just before 10pm.
A friend told the Gazette: “He was a lovely, kind hearted boy who worked hard at his music and was well liked by all who met him.
You may also want to watch:
“His family will miss him dearly. It’s a tragic loss.”
Tashaun, who attended Hackney New School until he was expelled last year, was an aspiring Afrobeats and hip hop music producer.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
A second boy, aged 16, was found at the same time with stab injuries in Shacklewell Road nearby.
He is in hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening according to Scotland Yard.