Somerford Grove stabbing: Murder victim, 15, named as former Hackney New School pupil Tashaûn Aird
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a 15-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Somerford Grove last night.
The child, who has been named locally as Tashaûn Aird, was described as “lovely and kind-hearted”.
Police officers, who were called to the scene just before 9pm, gave the child emergency first aid until paramedics from London’s Air Ambulance arrived.
But he was pronounced dead within an hour, just before 10pm.
A friend told the Gazette: “He was a lovely, kind hearted boy who worked hard at his music and was well liked by all who met him.
You may also want to watch:
“His family will miss him dearly. It’s a tragic loss.”
Tashaun, who attended Hackney New School until he was expelled last year, was an aspiring Afrobeats and hip hop music producer.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
A second boy, aged 16, was found at the same time with stab injuries in Shacklewell Road nearby.
He is in hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening according to Scotland Yard.