South Hackney murder probe: Three man arrested over fatal stabbing of Alex Vanderpuye
- Credit: police
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of murder, following the fatal stabbing of 24-year-old Alex Vanderpuye in South Hackney.
The air ambulance and police officers rushed to the spot where Mr Vanderpuye lay collapsed in Cassland Road, at the junction with Christie Road, at 4.45pm on Thursday.
Medics fought to save his life, but he was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Det Ch Insp Jamie Piscopo from the Met’s murder squad will be positioning his officers at the scene of the murder to mark the one-week anniversary from 3.30pm until 6.30pm on Thursday.
“Hackney is a busy and vibrant borough and this incident took place at a time where lots of people would have been around,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“No matter how insignificant you think it may be, please make the call.
“We will be available to speak with anyone who believes they may have seen something. We will also be distributing leaflets in the area that will include contact details for our incident room.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call 020 8345 3865, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.