South Hackney murder probe: Three man arrested over fatal stabbing of Alex Vanderpuye
- Credit: police
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of murder, following the fatal stabbing of 24-year-old Alex Vanderpuye in South Hackney.
The air ambulance and police officers rushed to the spot where Mr Vanderpuye lay collapsed in Cassland Road, at the junction with Christie Road, at 4.45pm on Thursday.
Medics fought to save his life, but he was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Det Ch Insp Jamie Piscopo from the Met’s murder squad will be positioning his officers at the scene of the murder to mark the one-week anniversary from 3.30pm until 6.30pm on Thursday.
“Hackney is a busy and vibrant borough and this incident took place at a time where lots of people would have been around,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“No matter how insignificant you think it may be, please make the call.
“We will be available to speak with anyone who believes they may have seen something. We will also be distributing leaflets in the area that will include contact details for our incident room.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call 020 8345 3865, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.