South Hackney murder probe: Three man arrested over fatal stabbing of Alex Vanderpuye
- Credit: police
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of murder, following the fatal stabbing of 24-year-old Alex Vanderpuye in South Hackney.
The air ambulance and police officers rushed to the spot where Mr Vanderpuye lay collapsed in Cassland Road, at the junction with Christie Road, at 4.45pm on Thursday.
Medics fought to save his life, but he was pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
Det Ch Insp Jamie Piscopo from the Met’s murder squad will be positioning his officers at the scene of the murder to mark the one-week anniversary from 3.30pm until 6.30pm on Thursday.
“Hackney is a busy and vibrant borough and this incident took place at a time where lots of people would have been around,” he said.
“No matter how insignificant you think it may be, please make the call.
“We will be available to speak with anyone who believes they may have seen something. We will also be distributing leaflets in the area that will include contact details for our incident room.”
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 6 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Apothecary: Japanese-inspired small plates combine with Shoreditch vibes
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information should call 020 8345 3865, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.