South Hackney stabbing: Man killed in Cassland Road knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed to death in South Hackney.
The air ambulance and police officers rushed to Christie Road at the junction with Cassland Road at 4.45pm where the victim, who is believed to be in his 20s, was attacked.
Medics fought to save his life, but he was pronounced dead half an hour later.
His next of kin have been informed, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Scotland Yard said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command has been informed.
Roads are currently closed in the area.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 5 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction