South Hackney stabbing: Man killed in Cassland Road knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed to death in South Hackney.
The air ambulance and police officers rushed to Christie Road at the junction with Cassland Road at 4.45pm where the victim, who is believed to be in his 20s, was attacked.
Medics fought to save his life, but he was pronounced dead half an hour later.
His next of kin have been informed, but he has yet to be formally identified.
Scotland Yard said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The homicide and major crime command has been informed.
Roads are currently closed in the area.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'