Woman’s life in the balance after ‘domestic incident’ in Southgate Road sees duo in their 70s rushed to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman in their 70s have both been taken to hospital after what police are describing as a “domestic incident” in Southgate Road.
The woman – who was unresponsive – is in a life-threatening condition, while police said the man had suffered non-lethal stab wounds.
Scotland Yard said police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 8.24pm on Wednesday night.
A spokeperson said: “There have been no arrests.
“At this very early stage, the matter is being treated as a domestic incident with no other persons believed involved. Extensive inquiries into the circumstances continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Initially the emergency services at the scene thought the woman had also been stabbed, but it has been confirmed that is not the case.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington