Spit-roast pig guest of honour at Dalston street party
A spit-roasted pig wearing a crown and Union Jack sunglasses elevated one street bash’s party food a notch or two above the ham sandwiches and sausage rolls on offer at other jubilee events yesterday (Saturday).
The dramatic centrepiece was dished up to revellers at the Bradbury Street party in Dalston by the owner and head chef of a new restaurant that is set to open in the street next month.
Danny Cheetham, 30, told the Gazette the glamorously-attired pig had been a hit with partygoers and said: “It’s a bit of a spectacle, it’s something for people to look at, and it’s fun to dress it up!”
Even though there’s a few weeks to go before the launch of the White Rabbit, Danny said the street party had made him excited about starting his business in the area.
“We all came together to make this party happen, and there’s a real community vibe,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Vanessa Wheatly, of Victoria Road, Stoke Newington, had brought two-year-old daughter Veronica along and both said they were planning to try the roast pork.
The 29-year-old electrical engineering student said: “We’ve had a great time; it’s been a really lovely day.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
Other activities on offer at the party included children’s games, a DJ, a band crooning French songs, and food stalls.