Spooks’ Laila Rouass to open hospice bazaar where friend was cared for
Actress Laila Rouass returns to London’s East End next week to open a Christmas bazaar at a hospice that once cared for her childhood friend.
The Stepney-born star of Spooks, Strictly Come Dancing and Footballers’ Wives is “giving something back” to St Joseph’s Hospice in South Hackney.
“St Joseph’s is close to my heart,” she explained. “A childhood friend spent her last few days there.
“The care and support they gave her and her family was amazing—I’m pleased to give something back to one of the most deserving organisations in east London—it’s a fantastic charity.”
The bazaar has stalls selling clothing, bags, shoes, books, jewellery, children’s toys and bric-a-brac, as well as featuring music, entertainment, a tombola and of course Santa’s Grotto.
You may also want to watch:
Laila opens the Saturday bazaar in Mare Street at 12 noon on November 17, entry 50p. Goods can also be donated by contacting St Joseph’s community fundraiser Anita Brien on 020-8525 6070.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 9 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney