Spooks’ Laila Rouass to open hospice bazaar where friend was cared for
Actress Laila Rouass returns to London’s East End next week to open a Christmas bazaar at a hospice that once cared for her childhood friend.
The Stepney-born star of Spooks, Strictly Come Dancing and Footballers’ Wives is “giving something back” to St Joseph’s Hospice in South Hackney.
“St Joseph’s is close to my heart,” she explained. “A childhood friend spent her last few days there.
“The care and support they gave her and her family was amazing—I’m pleased to give something back to one of the most deserving organisations in east London—it’s a fantastic charity.”
The bazaar has stalls selling clothing, bags, shoes, books, jewellery, children’s toys and bric-a-brac, as well as featuring music, entertainment, a tombola and of course Santa’s Grotto.
You may also want to watch:
Laila opens the Saturday bazaar in Mare Street at 12 noon on November 17, entry 50p. Goods can also be donated by contacting St Joseph’s community fundraiser Anita Brien on 020-8525 6070.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill