Spooks’ Laila Rouass to open hospice bazaar where friend was cared for
Actress Laila Rouass returns to London’s East End next week to open a Christmas bazaar at a hospice that once cared for her childhood friend.
The Stepney-born star of Spooks, Strictly Come Dancing and Footballers’ Wives is “giving something back” to St Joseph’s Hospice in South Hackney.
“St Joseph’s is close to my heart,” she explained. “A childhood friend spent her last few days there.
“The care and support they gave her and her family was amazing—I’m pleased to give something back to one of the most deserving organisations in east London—it’s a fantastic charity.”
The bazaar has stalls selling clothing, bags, shoes, books, jewellery, children’s toys and bric-a-brac, as well as featuring music, entertainment, a tombola and of course Santa’s Grotto.
You may also want to watch:
Laila opens the Saturday bazaar in Mare Street at 12 noon on November 17, entry 50p. Goods can also be donated by contacting St Joseph’s community fundraiser Anita Brien on 020-8525 6070.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London