Spurs 2011/12 fixtures: Ominous opening is balanced by routine run-in
Tottenham have been handed a tricky start to their 2011/2012 campaign as they take on Manchester United and Manchester City before the end of August.
Spurs will kick off their season at White Hart Lane for the third season in a row, hosting Everton in N17 before travelling to Old Trafford and then returning to north London to take on Roberto Mancini’s City.
It doesn’t get much easier after that either, as Harry Redknapp’s side go away to Wolves – where they have struggled for the past two seasons – before taking on Liverpool at the Lane.
While Tottenham have a tough opening month to negotiate, they will be buoyed by their end-of-season run-in.
Spurs are scheduled to host Premier League new boys Norwich on April 9. And, although they must then travel to Bolton for one of their bogey fixtures, they then face QPR (away), Blackburn Rovers (at home) and Aston Villa (away), before finishing their season on home turf against Fulham.
Norwich will also be the opposition for Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash, as they travel to Carrow Road – and Spurs will then travel to Wales on New Year’s Eve to take on another newly-promoted side, Swansea.
The first north London derby will take place at White Hart Lane on Saturday October 1, with the battle at the Emirates coming on Saturday February 25.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 3 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 6 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 7 5 things to look forward to at All Points East Festival 2022
- 8 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 9 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
All fixtures are subject to change.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs