Spurs 2011/12 fixtures: Ominous opening is balanced by routine run-in
Tottenham have been handed a tricky start to their 2011/2012 campaign as they take on Manchester United and Manchester City before the end of August.
Spurs will kick off their season at White Hart Lane for the third season in a row, hosting Everton in N17 before travelling to Old Trafford and then returning to north London to take on Roberto Mancini’s City.
It doesn’t get much easier after that either, as Harry Redknapp’s side go away to Wolves – where they have struggled for the past two seasons – before taking on Liverpool at the Lane.
While Tottenham have a tough opening month to negotiate, they will be buoyed by their end-of-season run-in.
Spurs are scheduled to host Premier League new boys Norwich on April 9. And, although they must then travel to Bolton for one of their bogey fixtures, they then face QPR (away), Blackburn Rovers (at home) and Aston Villa (away), before finishing their season on home turf against Fulham.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich will also be the opposition for Tottenham’s Boxing Day clash, as they travel to Carrow Road – and Spurs will then travel to Wales on New Year’s Eve to take on another newly-promoted side, Swansea.
The first north London derby will take place at White Hart Lane on Saturday October 1, with the battle at the Emirates coming on Saturday February 25.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
All fixtures are subject to change.
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs