Spurs boosted by Jan Vertonghen return, but set to be without several midfielders for Newcastle United clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will have the Belgium defender available despite him coming off during the 1-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion with an injury
Tottenham Hotspur will be able to call on the services of Jan Vertonghen for the Premier League visit of Newcastle United tonight.
The Belgium defender limped out of Saturday’s defeat at West Brom with a knock but is fit to feature against the Magpies at Wembley.
While Vertonghen is available, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is set to be without a number of other first-teamers.
Eric Dier (illness), Harry Winks and Mousa Dembele (both ankle) are all expected to miss out, which leaves Tottenham short of options in midfield.
Right-back Serge Aurier is also unavailable with a hamstring injury as Spurs chase a vital three points in their quest for Champions League qualification.
Tottenham know if they fail to beat Newcaslte this evening, Chelsea could move ahead of them in the race for a top-four finish.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 3 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 4 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 5 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 6 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
Provisional squad: Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Foyth, Rose, Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Eriksen, Sissoko, Alli, Son, Moura, Lamela, Llorente, Kane.
Additional reporting by Press Association Sport.