Spurs boosted by Jan Vertonghen return, but set to be without several midfielders for Newcastle United clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will have the Belgium defender available despite him coming off during the 1-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion with an injury
Tottenham Hotspur will be able to call on the services of Jan Vertonghen for the Premier League visit of Newcastle United tonight.
The Belgium defender limped out of Saturday’s defeat at West Brom with a knock but is fit to feature against the Magpies at Wembley.
While Vertonghen is available, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is set to be without a number of other first-teamers.
Eric Dier (illness), Harry Winks and Mousa Dembele (both ankle) are all expected to miss out, which leaves Tottenham short of options in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Right-back Serge Aurier is also unavailable with a hamstring injury as Spurs chase a vital three points in their quest for Champions League qualification.
Tottenham know if they fail to beat Newcaslte this evening, Chelsea could move ahead of them in the race for a top-four finish.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
Provisional squad: Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Foyth, Rose, Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Eriksen, Sissoko, Alli, Son, Moura, Lamela, Llorente, Kane.
Additional reporting by Press Association Sport.