Spurs boosted by Jan Vertonghen return, but set to be without several midfielders for Newcastle United clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino will have the Belgium defender available despite him coming off during the 1-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion with an injury
Tottenham Hotspur will be able to call on the services of Jan Vertonghen for the Premier League visit of Newcastle United tonight.
The Belgium defender limped out of Saturday’s defeat at West Brom with a knock but is fit to feature against the Magpies at Wembley.
While Vertonghen is available, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is set to be without a number of other first-teamers.
Eric Dier (illness), Harry Winks and Mousa Dembele (both ankle) are all expected to miss out, which leaves Tottenham short of options in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
Right-back Serge Aurier is also unavailable with a hamstring injury as Spurs chase a vital three points in their quest for Champions League qualification.
Tottenham know if they fail to beat Newcaslte this evening, Chelsea could move ahead of them in the race for a top-four finish.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Provisional squad: Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Foyth, Rose, Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Eriksen, Sissoko, Alli, Son, Moura, Lamela, Llorente, Kane.
Additional reporting by Press Association Sport.