Spurs boss admits Mousa Dembele’s groin injury has come at a ‘very bad moment’
Mauricio Pochettino admits Mousa Dembele’s groin injury has come at a “very bad moment” after the Belgian midfielder was ruled out for up to two weeks.
Harry Kane will also miss tomorrow’s Europa League clash against Fiorentina at White Hart Lane after breaking his nose in Sunday’s FA Cup defeat against Crystal Palace - but the Spurs striker is expected to be available to return against Swansea at the weekend.
The bigger issue is the absence of the influential Dembele, who was withdrawn at half-time against Palace and is set to sit out the next three or four matches – including next week’s London derby at West Ham and possibly the big showdown with Arsenal on Sunday March 5.
“The good news is that Hugo [Lloris] is back in the group and available,” said Pochettino. “The bad news is that Harry and Mousa Dembele are out.
“We expect Mousa to be [out for] longer than Harry - 10 days to two weeks. It’s not a big issue but similar to before. It’s small but we have a lot of games ahead so it’s come at a very bad moment.
You may also want to watch:
“Harry Kane will be available for Sunday - we expect and we hope he’s available. Today he wasn’t here because he saw the specialist about his nose.
“On medical advice, it’s impossible for Harry to play tomorrow. In the last few minutes against Crystal Palace he played with a broken nose. Today we need to fix the problem – it’s impossible for him to play tomorrow but he’s available for Sunday.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs