Spurs boss admits Mousa Dembele’s groin injury has come at a ‘very bad moment’
Mauricio Pochettino admits Mousa Dembele’s groin injury has come at a “very bad moment” after the Belgian midfielder was ruled out for up to two weeks.
Harry Kane will also miss tomorrow’s Europa League clash against Fiorentina at White Hart Lane after breaking his nose in Sunday’s FA Cup defeat against Crystal Palace - but the Spurs striker is expected to be available to return against Swansea at the weekend.
The bigger issue is the absence of the influential Dembele, who was withdrawn at half-time against Palace and is set to sit out the next three or four matches – including next week’s London derby at West Ham and possibly the big showdown with Arsenal on Sunday March 5.
“The good news is that Hugo [Lloris] is back in the group and available,” said Pochettino. “The bad news is that Harry and Mousa Dembele are out.
“We expect Mousa to be [out for] longer than Harry - 10 days to two weeks. It’s not a big issue but similar to before. It’s small but we have a lot of games ahead so it’s come at a very bad moment.
“Harry Kane will be available for Sunday - we expect and we hope he’s available. Today he wasn’t here because he saw the specialist about his nose.
“On medical advice, it’s impossible for Harry to play tomorrow. In the last few minutes against Crystal Palace he played with a broken nose. Today we need to fix the problem – it’s impossible for him to play tomorrow but he’s available for Sunday.”
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs