Spurs boss confirms Soldado has been given permission to travel to Spain
Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that Roberto Soldado has been given permission to travel to Spain to complete a move away from Tottenham.
Soldado is thought to be close to a move to Villarreal, and his Spurs team-mate Erik Lamela seemingly announced the striker’s departure this morning on Twitter.
The Argentine posted a photo of himself with Soldado and wrote: “I enjoyed these two years that we share, I wish you well in your new club!! Good luck my friend!!” The tweet has since been deleted.
While Pochettino declined to confirm that any deal has been completed, he conceded the forward has been allowed to travel to his homeland.
“There are a lot of rumours today. I think you know sometimes something happens in football, but at the moment there is nothing to say,” said the head coach. “If something happens, the club will announce at that moment - but so far nothing changes.
You may also want to watch:
“It is true that the club gave permission [for Roberto] to go to Spain. All that happens after, the club announces if something happens or not.”
Spurs are also keen to move Emmanuel Adebayor on – the forward has not been given a squad number. But, having appeared close to a move to Aston Villa two weeks ago, the 31-year-old is still at the club.
- 1 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 5 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney pubs gear up for outdoor service from April 12
Asked about the Togo international’s future, Pochettino said: “I explained I think in the last press conference, he is not in my plans. He is not in my plans and he knows [that] from the end of the last season.
“We spoke with him and with Aaron Lennon and it is all clear. There’s nothing to say different to last week.”
There have also been rumours about Andros Townsend’s future, but Pochettino stated he has no current plans to sell the winger.
“Yes, all players that are training with us are part of my plans and, yes, nothing changes,” he said. “We cannot speak about every single players - I think it’s not right.”
Pochettino was nonetheless asked whether he expects Harry Kane to be at White Hart Lane when the transfer closes, and he said: “Of course, he is a big part of my plan, Harry Kane. We are confident and his commitment is fantastic with the club. It is only rumours.”
Follow me on Twitter @BenPearceSpurs